Swiss pass please help!

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    11 May 2015 at 10:57:34 #807206

My trip looks like. till date my hotel prices have been really expensive. can someone suggest cost saving

day 1: arrive from paris:paris-geneva(stop)-montreux: relax: enjoy the 5 star hotel: geneva-montreux: CHF 53 1st class, 2nd class CHF 30

day2: chocolate and cheese visits: if i do it on my own: total cost 58.7, if i opt for goldenpass train: CHF 99

day 3: the non stop circuit from montreux: using rivera card: i get 50% discount: total cost of cruise is somewhere between 30-50CHF without discount. we can take the train to rochers de naye: train till caux is free later i am not sure how much i have to pay but i get 50% discount with montreux-rivera card.

day 4: i take golden pass 1st class montreux-lucern CHF: 132 /2nd class is CHF 75, for moms(mom has limited mobility) convenience lets say i opt for 1st class. relax in the hotel suiteI am thinking to begin if this is the day i opt to buy 1st class pass

day5: mt pilatus: total cost CHF 120 1st class/ 2nd class is 75

day 6: mt titlis: total cost with engelberg express: 1st classCHF: 149 and 2nd class 129

day 7: mt rigi CHF 111

day 8: go to zurich: relax: lucrn-zurich: CHF 40 and 2nd class CHF 22day 9: go to rhein falls: not sure of the toal cost. yet to calcuteday 10: shoppingday 11: journey endsl

ike the montreux rivera card are their any other cards which will be given to me at lucern or zurich which i am not aware?if i travel all 1st class per person cost comes up to be CHF 781 and 2nd class is 528now 1st class pass is 581 for 8 days and 2nd class is 363.if i opt for chocolate cheese train i get discount with 1st class and the cost is CHF 59 and engelberg titlis 50% reduction so my total travel cost is travel pass 581+45+59=685and 2nd class is 368+45+69=477.

i am a lot confused here. pass or any other option. 8 day pass or 4 day pass, 1st class or 2nd class?

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15471 posts
    12 May 2015 at 4:33:03 #842980

Hi deepzxk,

Tips to save money are listed here. Apart from that you can choose 2nd class instead of 1st. And purchase Swiss Half Fare Cards to save on train and cable car tickets. Do so online to save more, as you can see here. You will get a Visitors Card in Lucerne; please see here for details and links.

An alternative pass is the 8-day Swiss Travel Pass. It’s more convenient as you don’t have to buy tickets for each trip. It possibly works out cheaper as day 2 and 7 would be free, for example.

I hope this helps you out!

• The thread ‘Swiss pass please help!’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.