Swiss Pass Selection

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    27 August 2013 at 6:13:28 #806155

Hi, I am intending to stay in Switzerland for about 3-4 days. 2 days in Lucern (sightseeing, Mt Pilatus, Mt Rigi) as well as 1 day in Interlaken (travel up to Jungfraujoch). Would appreciate your advice which type of Swiss Pass I should get to enjoy discount to these places I’ve mentioned? Much thanks for your help in advance!

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15471 posts
    27 August 2013 at 8:39:01 #839192

Hi Joreen, welcome to MySwissAlps,

To me, this sounds like either a 4-day Swiss Pass or a Swiss Half Fare Card. The final descision depends on how many people will be traveling and the exact itinerary (e.g. do you actually start your trip in Lucerne or do you also need transfers from and to airports). You can find the right pass as explained here. All pass details are at the Swiss Pass page and Swiss Half Fare Card page. If you have further questions, feel free to ask, and also please let us know your country of residence.

Enjoy your stay!

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    27 August 2013 at 8:58:40 #839193

Thank you Arno! Your reply is really FAST!=)

Only 2 of us is travelling this mid Oct. We are coming in from Zurich(not staying) -> Lucern (2 nights)-> Interlaken (1 or 2 nights)-> Milan and rest of Italy-> Barcelona and back to Zurich (air ticket requirements).

Arno
    15471 posts
    27 August 2013 at 9:12:49 #839194

You’re welcome Joreen! Where are you from?

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    27 August 2013 at 9:50:19 #839195

Hi Arno, we are from Singapore & Malaysia:-)

Arno
    15471 posts
    27 August 2013 at 9:59:06 #839196

Hi Joreen, thanks for that. As a rough estimation, I would say that the Swiss Half Fare Card is slightly cheaper. The main difference between both passes is that the Swiss Half Fare Card provides a 50% discount on all traveling, so you have to buy tickets for each trip. The Swiss Pass includes free traveling by trains, buses, boats and city transport. No tickets required here, so you can easily add a trip at no costs. It provides 50% discounts on mountain transport, with a few exceptions: the Jungfrau is 25% off and the Rigi is free. Many museums are free too with the Swiss Pass, which could be nice in Lucerne. Swiss Pass prices for Singapore are here. There are promo codes for an extra discount, but note that they expire after today.

As for the overall price: if you want to know the exact difference, you’d best do the math as explained on the page I linked to. All other information is on the pass pages I linked to as well.

If you did not book hotels yet can can find suggestions for Lucerne and Interlaken on our website.

I hope this helps you decide.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    28 August 2013 at 0:20:52 #839197

Hi Arno,
    Thanks for the information and advice! Will do up our sum based on your valuable input;-).

Much thanks!

Regards,

Joreen

• The thread ‘Swiss Pass Selection’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.