Swiss saver and swiss saver flexi

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    4 August 2012 at 21:33:27 #805519

Hi Msaadm,

I am new to this forum and its my first trip to Switzerland. Can you kindly advise me on the passes (flexi and non-flexi) I need to purchase for 2 person? Or are there better alternatives as we plan to move around on our own since we are spending a few days in each city. My plan is :

Day 1 Milan to St Moritz (Bernina Express)
    Day 2 St Moritz
    Day 3 St Moritz/ Zermatt (Glacier Express)
    Day 4 Zermatt
    Day 5 Zermatt/Interlakan
    Day 6 Interlakan / Bern
    Day 7 Bern (1/2 day)

Thank you

Tangosin

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Annika
    7115 posts
    6 August 2012 at 12:04:25 #836903

Welcome to the forum Tangosin! A 4 day Swiss Saver Flexi Pass (using free travel days for day 1, 3, 5 and 7) would be the perfect solution for your trip. If you’re traveling next Fall, you can even profit from the economical 2 for 1 deal. I hope this helps you choose!

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    7 August 2012 at 10:30:03 #836904

Dear Annika, thank you for your reply. I have a few more questions, kindly help :

1) Does it mean for day 2,4 & 6 , I will get discount for tickets that I buy?
    2) Now I plan to take the Bernina Express all the way from Milan, Tirano to Chur, spend a night in Chur and then to St Moritz the next day. Is there a train from Chur to St Moritz ? Do I need to book ?
    Likewise for Zermatt to Interlakan and Interlakan to Bern, do I need to book the train rides before I leave for vacation.
    3) Once I purchased the Swiss Saver Flexi Pass, where do I log into to purchase the Bernina and Glacier Express and do I have to pay extra?
    4) Do you suggest I stay over night in Interlakan or is Grindelwald a nicer place to spend a night ?

Thanks !!

Tangosin

Annika
    7115 posts
    11 August 2012 at 1:13:19 #836905

Hi Tangosin. Yes, you’ll receive discuonts on the remaining days. You don’t need seat reservations for regular trains; you only need them for the Bernina Express and the Glacier Express (you’ll have to pay a small additional reservation fee) and maybe the international train coming from Milan. Here‘s to find out whether you need reservations; arranging for them can be done through this page. You can plan all your trips using the timetable.

Interlaken is located more centrally; Grindelwald is more scenic. So it’s just what you prefer.

• The thread ‘Swiss saver and swiss saver flexi’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10950 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.