Swiss saver and swiss saver flexi

Print this page
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
tangosin
tangosin
3 posts
Aug 4, 2012 - 11:33 PM
Hi Msaadm,

I am new to this forum and its my first trip to Switzerland. Can you kindly advise me on the passes (flexi and non-flexi) I need to purchase for 2 person? Or are there better alternatives as we plan to move around on our own since we are spending a few days in each city. My plan is :

Day 1 Milan to St Moritz (Bernina Express)
Day 2 St Moritz
Day 3 St Moritz/ Zermatt (Glacier Express)
Day 4 Zermatt
Day 5 Zermatt/Interlakan
Day 6 Interlakan / Bern
Day 7 Bern (1/2 day)

Thank you

Tangosin
Annika
Annika
6100 posts
expert &
Aug 6, 2012 - 12:04 PM
Welcome to the forum Tangosin! A 4 day Swiss Saver Flexi Pass (using free travel days for day 1, 3, 5 and 7) would be the perfect solution for your trip. If you're traveling next Fall, you can even profit from the economical 2 for 1 deal. I hope this helps you choose!
Last modified on Dec 28, 2014 - 4:34 PM by Arno
tangosin
tangosin
3 posts
Aug 7, 2012 - 10:30 AM
Dear Annika, thank you for your reply. I have a few more questions, kindly help :

1) Does it mean for day 2,4 & 6 , I will get discount for tickets that I buy?
2) Now I plan to take the Bernina Express all the way from Milan, Tirano to Chur, spend a night in Chur and then to St Moritz the next day. Is there a train from Chur to St Moritz ? Do I need to book ?
Likewise for Zermatt to Interlakan and Interlakan to Bern, do I need to book the train rides before I leave for vacation.
3) Once I purchased the Swiss Saver Flexi Pass, where do I log into to purchase the Bernina and Glacier Express and do I have to pay extra?
4) Do you suggest I stay over night in Interlakan or is Grindelwald a nicer place to spend a night ?

Thanks !!

Tangosin
Annika
Annika
6100 posts
expert &
Aug 11, 2012 - 1:13 AM

Hi Tangosin. Yes, you'll receive discuonts on the remaining days. You don't need seat reservations for regular trains; you only need them for the Bernina Express and the Glacier Express (you'll have to pay a small additional reservation fee) and maybe the international train coming from Milan. Here's to find out whether you need reservations; arranging for them can be done through this page. You can plan all your trips using the timetable.

Interlaken is located more centrally; Grindelwald is more scenic. So it's just what you prefer.

Last modified on Jun 29, 2016 - 2:19 PM by Arno

More about Swiss trains and rail passes

More on MySwissAlps.com

Get a free account to plan your trip

Planning your trip is much easier with a free MySwissAlps account. Learn all about Switzerland and get in touch with us quickly if you have questions.

Learn more

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2019