Swiss Transfer Ticket

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    15 December 2011 at 3:56:55 #804865

As you say, the Swiss Transfer Ticket includes a round trip from the airport or the Swiss border to any resort in Switzerland.
    I am planning to spend 1 or 2 day in Zurich for sightseeing first and then have my ski trip to Zermatt thereafter.

Can I use the Swiss Transfer Ticket for my round trip from Zurich HB station to Zermatt station?

Is the seat reservation required the this trip?

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    16 December 2011 at 7:39:20 #834707

Yes, the Swiss Transfer ticket is also good from Zurich HB
    No reservations necessary
    Dick

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    16 December 2011 at 23:33:45 #834708

Thanks a lot! Dick

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    17 December 2011 at 0:06:23 #834709

Additional information would like to be obtained.

For my planning, I will spend 1 or 2 day in Zurich ([u]Zurich[/u] to [u]Stein am Rhein[/u] to [u]Schaffhausen[/u] to [u]Baden[/u] and back to [u]Zurich[/u])

Day 3 to Day 5 — Zurich to Zermatt (Ski)

Which kind of pass is much better on my case. (Swiss card, Swiss Transfer Ticket or 3 days Swiss Flexi Pass)?

And also is it necessary to have a seat reservation on the above trips, especially by using the 3 days Swiss Flexi Pass? (Since someone tell me that if I use the 3 days Swiss Flexi Pass , Seat reservation is obligatory)

Thanks in advance!

Annika
    7094 posts
    20 December 2011 at 14:09:13 #834710

Hi Liz123. A 3 day Swiss Flexi Pass might be the best option, using free travel days for your first trip to and from Schaffhausen, your transfer to Zermatt, and you outbound trip from Zermatt. For most trains, seat reservation isn’t necessary (it’s only required for panoramic and some international trains). That doesn’t change with a Swiss (Flexi) Pass. On free travel days, you can simply get on board and show your pass when asked for. On reduction days, you can buy a reduced ticket right before boarding.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    30 January 2012 at 15:58:39 #834711

Hi. We are 3 people flying into Zurich Friday 3rd Feb taking the train to Zermatt. Is it possible to buy the “Swiss Transfer Ticket” at the airport since we are too late to order online and get them delivered by post in time. Or are there other cheap ticket alternatives Zurich – Zermatt – Zurich. Return is Wedn 8th Feb. Kind regards

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    31 January 2012 at 6:23:56 #834712

Hi, Does the half fare ticket give a discount on the swiss transfer ticket. Thanks

Annika
    7094 posts
    31 January 2012 at 14:52:57 #834713

[quote]Morten said: Hi. We are 3 people flying into Zurich Friday 3rd Feb taking the train to Zermatt. Is it possible to buy the “Swiss Transfer Ticket” at the airport since we are too late to order online and get them delivered by post in time. Or are there other cheap ticket alternatives Zurich – Zermatt – Zurich. Return is Wedn 8th Feb. Kind regards[/quote]

Hello Morten. The Swiss Transfer Ticket can only be bought online in advance. All purchase options are displayed at the right side of the Swiss Transfer Ticket page. Depending on the travel plans you have during your stay in Zermatt, the Swiss Half Fare Card or the Swiss Card may be good alternatives.

Annika
    7094 posts
    31 January 2012 at 14:54:57 #834714

[quote]roxy1 said: Hi, Does the half fare ticket give a discount on the swiss transfer ticket. Thanks[/quote]

Hello roxy1. No, there’s no discount for owners of a Swiss Half Fare Card. All prices are listed at the right side of the Swiss Transfer Ticket page. If you already have a Swiss Half Fare Card, you’re probably better off just buying 50% discounted tickets, instead of an extra Swiss Transfer Ticket.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    31 January 2012 at 15:08:00 #834715

Thanks Annika. Is it possible to buy the Swiss Transfer Ticket online and print it out or do they have to send it by mail or courier.

Annika
    7094 posts
    31 January 2012 at 15:15:50 #834716

Hi Morten,

All Swiss rail passes need to be send. You can’t print it yourself, sorry!

• The thread ‘Swiss Transfer Ticket’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10610 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.