May 4, 2015 - 4:59 PM
HI all, I have found great info from reading others posts but still would like some advice on what I think is the right plan for our train travel. Below is our itinerary for the main Swiss dates.
- We are a family of 4 (2 adults, 2 kids under 15) and will arrive in Zurich on morning of Friday June 12
- Train from Zurich to Lauterbrunnen on Friday June 12
- June 13 - Travel around the Swiss valley area
- June 14 - Travel around the Swiss valley area
- June 15 - Travel around the Swiss valley area
- June 16 - Train from Lauterbrunnen to Koblenz Germany
Once in Germany, we will spend a few days traveling around Koblenz and then take the train up to Amsterdam.
My thought was to purchase a 4 day Flexible Swiss Travel Pass with the family card in order to take advantage of the Swiss valley discounts on busses and the local trains for sightseeing. Leaving one of those days without train travel to keep our last day there valid for train travel back to Zurich and / or Koblenz. What I am struggling with is there a better ticket to get to include the trip to Koblenz and then to Amsterdam? Or should I just to a point to point from Zurich to Koblenz, Koblenz to Amsterdam and stick with the Swiss Travel pass for just all of Switzerland? Open to any advice or ideas you may have from your knowledge and experience. The more research I do the more doubts I have about which ticket to get thinking the Swiss Travel Pass may be overkill for what we are doing.