Buying Swiss Travel Pass from Happyrail?

Buying Swiss Travel Pass from Happyrail?

Share this page on Facebook Share this page on Google+ Share this page on Twitter Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
edkurkurkian
edkurkurkian
5 posts
Dec 20, 2016 - 3:21 PM

Hello,

I was searching online to buy a Swiss travel pass for my wife and I for our upcoming trim in May, I noticed at www.happyrail.com prices are about $50 less per adult than SBB or Euro rail, would you recommend buying it from happy rail? also what is the difference between SSB and euro rail? we will be spending a total of 7 days only in Switzerland.

Thank you for any advise.

Arno
Arno
9572 posts
expert &
Dec 20, 2016 - 5:40 PM

Hi edkurkurkian,

I think you've miscalculated somehow. Over at www.happyrail.com/en/p ass/europe/switzerland /swiss-travel-pass-consecutive, an 8-day Swiss Travel Pass costs € 331 ($ 343). The SBB web shop at www.swissrailways.com/ en offers it for CHF 363 ($ 352). So that's only a $ 9 difference. And I think Happyrail charges a bit extra for credit card payments whereas the SBB web shop does not. Happyrail is a perfectly legitimate retailer, so if you prefer them you can certainly buy there. All purchase options are listed here at the Swiss Travel Pass page.

The SBB are the Swiss Federal Railways; the biggest of many railway companies in Switzerland. Eurail is a range of passes (see here) to travel in one or more European counties. A common misspelling is "Euro rail", but that does not exist. Eurail passes include less benefits in Switzerland than the Swiss Travel Pass. You can compare them in detail through the given links.

edkurkurkian
edkurkurkian
5 posts
Dec 20, 2016 - 10:37 PM

Thank you Arno so much, for detailed information

More about Swiss trains and rail passes

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2017