Swiss rail pass for 15 days with guided tours?

Swiss rail pass for 15 days with guided tours?

Print this page
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
FPPSPP
FPPSPP
2 posts
Aug 18, 2017 - 4:33 AM

My husband and I are having our first Swiss trip this October, start with 3 nights at Luzern (joining 'Golden Round Trip Day Tour and Mt Titlis Half Day Tour); then 3 nights at Interlaken (visiting Brig, Bern, Murren & Schilthron); then 3 nights at Montreux (visiting Chillon Castle Day, and taking Golden Pass Line to Zweisimmen); 2 nights at Basel (watching ATP Men's final at Swiss Indoors, so excited !); last 4 nights at Zurich (joining Jungfraujoch Tour and Rhine Falls Tour). Would you give me some travel advices/pass that suits our itinerary ? not sure to get a 15- day for the whole period ? or 8- day as the tours cover train/cable/ferry rides. Many thanks,

CH

Lucas
Lucas
8941 posts
expert &
Aug 18, 2017 - 2:45 PM in reply to FPPSPP

Hi FPPSPP and welcome to MySwissAlps!

It would be best to read through our page on how to choose the best rail pass first. It will help you to do the math and compare the various rail passes. You will need to plan out the trips you intend to make without a tour first.

I think though that the Swiss Half Fare Card may be your best option. It is valid for a month and gets you 50% off all the trips you make in Switzerland. Or look at the 8 day Swiss Travel Pass Flex where you can choose which 8 days it is valid for during your 15 day trip.

Lucas

Last modified on Aug 18, 2017 - 2:45 PM by Lucas
FPPSPP
FPPSPP
2 posts
Aug 19, 2017 - 6:37 AM in reply to Lucas

Hi Lucas,

Thanks very much for your recommendation, I would certain consider getting the Swiss Half Fare Card. We really appreciate the time you took to think about it and find it to be very helpful.

More about Swiss trains and rail passes

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2018