Swiss Travel Pass or other rail pass option?

Swiss Travel Pass or other rail pass option?

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
BeeMan
BeeMan
1 post
May 11, 2018 - 2:57 AM

Hi,

Will be staying in Luzern for three days in July this year.

Can some help to confirm my understanding about the best SWISS TRAVEL PASS to purchase?

Two adults and one child of 4 yrs old will be traveling and our rough itinerary is a follows:

1) Train Basel SBB to Luzern (Coming to Basel SBB from Paris via TGV)

2) Golden Pass Train (Panoramic hopefully) Luzern to Brienz then bus to Ballenberg and then back along the same route.

3) Visit to Mt Titlis including cable car.

4) Back to Basel SBB from Luzern

Based on the above I believe that I should just go without a pass or perhaps the half price pass?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Regards,

B

Lucas
Lucas
8876 posts
expert &
May 11, 2018 - 3:52 AM in reply to BeeMan

Hi B and welcome to MySwissAlps!

To know for sure which pass is the best for your itinerary you need to read our web page here: How to choose the best rail pass. That page will show you how to find prices for your trips and then a spreadsheet to compare costs of just tickets vs. the different rail passes.

Cheers!

PS Your child will not need any rail pass or ticket.

hansaria
hansaria
58 posts
May 11, 2018 - 10:21 AM

Hi B , my view is you should check specifically tell pass , and may be accordingly, a little change in the plan based on their validity, may helps you save a lot.....thanks and regards

More about Swiss trains and rail passes

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2018