Swiss Travel Pass + discounted Regional-Pass BO

• Kakib
    Participant
    6 posts
    23 April 2022 at 16:50:15 #826955

I am having difficulty understanding the conditions required for usage of the Regional Pass- Berner Oberland “Reduced Fare 1/2” and hope that someone can explain them to me or direct me to a detailed source of explanation.

It appears to me that if we purchase an 8 day RPBO “reduced fare” for CHF 240, that we will still have to pay 1/2 price for all forms of transporation in the Berner Oberland, is this correct? Also, must we have some form of Swiss Travel Pass in order for us to get/use the RPBO “reduced fare”?

Our itinerary is: train Zurich to Lucerne (2 nights Lucerne), Golden Pass Line to Montreux/Lausanne/Geneva (4 nights), train Zermatt (2 nights), Wengen (8 nights), train to Zurich (fly out).

What would be the best pass or best combination of passes for us?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

• The thread ‘Swiss Travel Pass + discounted Regional-Pass BO’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11110 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.