Swiss Travel Pass – first class vs second class

• amarmistry
    Participant
    35 posts
    1 March 2018 at 14:09:56 #814563

Thinking of 8 days consecutive Swiss Travel Pass . I have been reading up some differences between First class vs Second class and wondering if extra money in First class is worth it? Does it give definite edge over second class? This is for three people (2 adults, one youth).

I will also be taking train from Paris to Zurich or Interlaken.

Thank you

Amar

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    1 March 2018 at 15:33:22 #877479

Hi Amar,

No I don’t think it is worth the cost. Some trips (like the Glacier Express) are a nice experience on 1st class though – but you can always upgrade just for one trip if you like at the station.

Mostly, the advantage is a quieter train carriage (less people) and more room for your luggage if you have a lot! Read more about 1st class vs. 2nd class here.

• The thread ‘Swiss Travel Pass – first class vs second class’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11060 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.