Swiss Travel Pass questions and Jungfraujoch

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
Posts: 3
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
2 posts
new member
Dec 28, 2017 - 2:25 AM


We will be travelling with Swiss Travel Pass (Family Card)

1. Is First Cliff Walk open in November? How to get there from Interlaken OST and can I continue the journey to Jungfraujoch from First Cliff Walk without going back to the starting point? How much will it cost in total?

2. How to get to Glacier 3000 and is it open in November? Can we use the Swiss Travel Pass?

3. Is FIFA Museum included in the free museum with Swiss Pass?

4. Do we need to make reservations for trains,boats,buses in Switzerland?

5. We'll be travelling to Salzburg,Austria from Zurich. How to benefit the Swiss Travel Pass for this journey?

Thank you in advance! Much ❤

10385 posts
expert &
Dec 28, 2017 - 8:36 AM in reply to Chocoholic

Hi Chocoholic and welcome to MySwissAlps!

Just an FYI you will need both the Swiss Travel Pass (adults) and the Swiss Family Card (children 6-15).

  1. The Cliff walk is closed from 28. October - 25. November (https://www.jungfrau.c h/de-ch/grindelwaldfirst/fi rst-cliff-walk-by-tissot/)
    You can use the timetable to plan out the trip - prices from various towns are noted on the link under more information here. You get 25% off the cost of a ticket from Lauterbrunnen or Wengen (Interlaken to either town is free). You'll have to go back down to Grindelwald from First to continue to Jungfraujoch.
  2. The Glacier 3000 (https://www.glacier300 is currently closed for skiing but is open for visits - the same should be true next November. You can use the Swiss Travel Pass to get there but not on any chair lifts / gondolas to go up the mountain. The closest town is Gstaad and then a bus to "Col-du-Pillon" Glacier 3000 from there.
    You can use the Swiss timetable here to plan a trip from whichever town you are in to Col-du-Pillon.
  3. Yes it is - click the link on our Swiss Travel Pass - details page for more information.
  4. No, only for panoramic trains such as the Glacier and Bernina Express trains.
  5. From Zurich the Swiss Travel Pass will be valid until the Austrian border (this would normally be the town of St. Margrethen or Buchs (depending on the train you take). From there you need to buy a ticket on to Salzburg which you show train conductors after you cross the border (no need to change trains).
Last modified on Dec 28, 2017 - 5:31 PM by Arno
2 posts
new member
Dec 28, 2017 - 4:00 PM in reply to Lucas

Hi Lucas, million thanks for your help 🤗

More about Swiss trains and rail passes

More on

Get a free account to plan your trip

Planning your trip is much easier with a free MySwissAlps account. Learn all about Switzerland and get in touch with us quickly if you have questions.

Learn more

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

© 2002-2019