Swiss Trip in April

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    2 March 2015 at 6:38:59 #806930

Hi All,

Me and my wife are travelling to Switzerland from April 7th to April 11th. Our Itinerary is as follows:

1. 7th April: Arrive at Interlaken West by 6 in evening from Munich. Visit surroundings a bit and rest. Night at Interlaken

2. 8th April: Start for Jungfrau early morning , return by late afternoon. Do a evening tour of River Thun Region. Do we have scope to do any other tour post Jungfrau visit, please suggest / recommend. I love to do paragliding and would like to know if this would be a good time to do that and places where I can do that. Also suggest an indicative cost for the same. Night at Interlaken

3. 9th April: Leave for Zermatt early morning and return by late afternoon. Catch a train to Lucerne on late evening. Can we do any other tour post Zermatt. Do you recommend any alternate tour to Zermatt, like St. Moritz or tour on Glacier express, etc. Night at Lucerne

4. 10th April: Do a tour of Mount Titlis and return back. Visit Lucerne and start for Zurich late evening. Night at Zurich

5. Catch a flight to Mumbai from Zurich. Flight time 12 noon.

Does this trip makes sense? Please feel free to suggest alternate itinerary keeping in mind that we have our accommodation booked at Interlaken, Lucerne and Zurich .

Few additional questions:

1. Should we opt for a 4 day swiss pass / half fare card.

2. I understand that for Jungfrau we will need to buy seperate tickets irrespective of 4 day pass or half fare card, wanted to know is Zermatt / St. Moritz covered under swiss pass.

Any other tips and suggestions would be most welcomed.

Many Thanks in advance for your help.

Look forward for your replies.

Cheers,

Nitesh

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Annika
    7104 posts
    3 March 2015 at 5:22:42 #841875

Hi Nitesh,

Thanks for posting! Your plan is doable but it’s a lot for a few days. The main issue is that mountain trips are weather dependent, and you only have one fixed day to do them. That may turn out to be fine, but you can’t know in advance. Personally I would not do a day trip to Zermatt, but rather use that day to be flexible for the Jungfraujoch visit, or see something else in the region. For paragliding, please contact one of the local organizers for dates, times and prices. Examples are airtime-paragliding.ch and paragliding-interlaken.ch.

As for your other questions:

1. A Swiss Travel Pass is more convenient (no tickets to buy). Whether a Swiss Half Fare Card works out cheaper can be calculated once you are sure about your travel plans.

2. Cable cars/cogwheel trains nearly always require additional, but discounted tickets. That goes for both passes. You can go to the pass pages I linked to above and download the map to see exactly what’s included.

For your last night in Zurich, please check here for the best hotels.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    3 March 2015 at 8:49:38 #841876

Thanks a million for your kind suggestions, these are really helpful.

In case I don’t opt for Zermatt, what are the options available for me to enjoy Swiss Scenic beauty. We are not real museum, monument lovers.

Arno
    15471 posts
    3 March 2015 at 11:24:59 #841877

Hi Nitesh,

Did you check our website for suggestions? E.g. the Interlaken page will provide many options. Or click the ‘What to do’ option in the top menu and go from there.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    16 March 2015 at 6:33:12 #841878

Thanks for the reply and help.

Got most of my answers. On the map due to my vision deficiency on specific colours cant make out if Zermatt is covered under swiss pass or not. Please help.

Regards,

Nitesh

Arno
    15471 posts
    16 March 2015 at 6:54:15 #841879

Hi Nitesh,

The Swiss Travel Pass includes free traveling to Zermatt, and to all other inhabited towns in Switzerland. The cable cars from Zermatt into the mountains are discounted by 50%. Swiss Travel Pass prices and promotions can be found here.

Enjoy your stay!

• The thread ‘Swiss Trip in April’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.