Swiss vacation Plan suggestion

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    20 May 2012 at 14:30:38 #805281

Dear Sir/Madam,

We are planning for swiss vacation from June 5th(check-in) to 9th June(check-out). We have booked our stay near Interlakken West station.

Is there any special rail pass offer for the period as I see that 2 for 1 promo is valid until May and again in september.

Also can you suggest us some plan and trips to make. We would like to cover Jungfroah and Tilatus. One day we would like to go by scenic routes like golden pass. Can you give some suggestion on best places to visit.

We are 8 adults and 3 childs and 2 of the adults are above 65 years old and 1 kid about 2 years old.

Looking for your suggestion

Best Regards
    Magesh.V

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    20 May 2012 at 16:31:53 #836163

Sir,

Also I missed to tell that we are travelleing from Netherlands by Car to Interlaken switzerland

Regards
    Magesh.V

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    21 May 2012 at 15:34:01 #836164

Dear Annika,
    Request your kind help on this

Regds
    Magesh.V

Arno
    15471 posts
    22 May 2012 at 5:07:09 #836165

Hello Magesh V! Don’t worry, we try to answer all questions but sometimes that may take a while. As for your plans: it’s a hard to say which pass is best, as that depends on your final travel schedule. Generally though a Swiss Saver Pass or a Swiss Saver Flexi Pass is a good option if you want to use public transportation mainly (and my advice is to do so, because the rail system works great and it’s a very relaxing way of traveling). Children under 16 will travel along for free, if you order along a free STS Family Card. Please visit the pages I linked to for detailed information and an overview of purchase options. You may be eligible for the Rail Europe summer sales, as explained in this forum topic. So please note that the the Rail Europe prices in our purchase overviews can be even lower than displayed if you apply the promo codes when ordering!

Browsing this forum and visiting the Bernese Oberland day trip overview will certainly help you to find ideas for your trip. You can plan them using the timetable, filling out your destination and departure station for each separate trip. (Mind the right spelling though, such as Jungfraujoch and Titlis, otherwise the timetable may not be able to find the places you have in mind.)

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    22 May 2012 at 16:23:47 #836166

Hi Arno,
    Thanks for your details.
    Below is our tentative schedule :
    1. 5th June arrival at Interlakken around afternoon 15:00 hrs by CAR. I am not sure if we can do any sightseeing trip today , if possible please advise.
    2. 6th June : Planning to make Jungfraujoch (Top of Europe )

3. 7th June : Golden Pass trip. Interlakken to Lucerne , then from Lucerne do the Mount Pilatus trip. I am not sure if both Golden Pass from Interlakken to Lucerne and Mount Pilatus trip can be covered in 1 day and back to Interlakken hotel in evening possible. Please advise on this.

4. 8th June : We are planning for Titlus trip or Schilthorn Trip

5. 9th June : Trumbelch falls by Car , Ferry ride in the Lake at Interlakken , Interlakken sightseeing etc

6. 10th June : Hotel checkout and return back to Netherlands.

Basically we are 2 families coming with 1 family of 4 adults ( 1 senior 65+ ) plus 1 chid ( 4 years old ). 2nd Family with 4 adults ( 1 senior 65+ ) with 2 child ( 1 child 7 years and 2nd kid 2 years old).

Can you please advise on the which type of Swiss pass is best over here , if swiss flexi pass or Swiss half fare card is best.

Also please let us know what is the cost and travel timings that we can expect for each trip in above schedule. Also I am planning to buy the swiss pass/half fare card at interalakken , is it possible that I can make reservation for the Golden pass train from Interlaken or should I do that well in advance over internet. Also let us know if any other place we can cover which I have missed out in the schedule.

Please advise on our above queries so we can do our planning

With Best Regards & Thanks
    Magesh.V

Arno
    15471 posts
    23 May 2012 at 15:52:08 #836167

Hi Magesh V,

I would say that the Swiss Half Fare Card is the best option as you have planned mostly local trips and it provides the best discount on the Jungfrau. Of course you may want to calculate exactly. As for traveling times: please use the timetable I referred to. You can book Golden Pass seats in Interlaken, but I would recommend to do it in advance if you want to be sure that you get the best seats. Each of our pass pages links to seat reservation details.

Wandermann
    Participant
    265 posts
    23 May 2012 at 17:16:34 #836168

[quote]vmagesh77 said: Sir,
    Also I missed to tell that we are travelleing from Netherlands by Car to Interlaken switzerland
    Regards
    Magesh.V[/quote]

Hello Magesh V,

Maybe you are already aware of it, but I just want to draw your attention to the following fact: if you are travelling by car in Switzerland and you want to use the motorways you need a Motorway Vignette. Details can be found using the search function (upper right corner of your screen) for Motorway Vignette.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    23 May 2012 at 17:22:27 #836169

Hi ,

Thanks for update , I am aware of this cost for highway drive which is about 40 CHF that is valid for 1 year.

Can you please give more details on various points on the schedule I have asked , though its said that Half rate card is best , Other questions are not given clarification.

Request you to give more detailed answer please.

Also given this planning are there any other summer discounts that I can avail off. As its now clear that I cannot avail the swiss pass 2 for 1 offer in June.

Regards
    Magesh.V

Arno
    15471 posts
    24 May 2012 at 10:52:44 #836170

Hi Magesh V,

There are no other discounts, assuming that you want your passes to be shipped to the Netherlands. Resellers shipping to other countries have more promotions, such as the Summer Sales I told you about. All promotions are listed at the top of the rail forum.

Please be aware that we’re not a full service travel agency. The forum users and ourselves are happy to answer your questions, but we expect you to do some research yourself once we’ve provided the links to more detailed information. I’ve explained/linked to information that allows you to determine traveling times, costs and day trip options. Please look into that. I’m sure you’ll find what you need. If not, feel free to get back here.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    24 May 2012 at 14:25:44 #836171

Hi Arno,

Thanks for the details.

Best Regards
    Magesh.V

• The thread ‘Swiss vacation Plan suggestion’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.