Switzerland in June 6 days

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    20 April 2012 at 20:27:41 #805142

Hi
    I am planning to visit Switzerland with my Wife and son (5 yrs) this June (5th to 10th). My Ticket in to zurich is booked but i have not boooked my onward tickets to Venice and need some guidance on
    a) Suggestion on my tour plan
    b) best rail pass for me and
    c) suggestion on my travel from Switzerland to Venice.

My current plan is:
    Day 1- London Zurich (arriving morning) spend day at Zurich and head to Lucern (stay Lucern)
    Day 2- Lucern – Mt Pilatus and lucern town (Stay Lucern)
    Day 3- Lucern Mt Titlis / or Lurcern transport museum /any other suggestion (stay Lucern)
    Day 4- Lucern- Interlaken – jungfrau peak (stay interlaken)
    Day 5- Interlaken- Lauterbrunnen? any other suggestion
    Day 6- Interlaken to Basel nd then to venice – please suggest more convenient/reasonable options

Questions:
    1) Please suggest me options on day 3, day 5 and day 6
    2) Which train pass do I take? swiss pass or a combination of swiss flexi and Jungfru Centenary pass?
    3) Trains to Venice from this region is very lengthy and there is no direct train hence I am planning to take a flight
    from Basel http://www.easyjet.com trying to get any other option. (flight from Geneva Darvin air is very costly)
    Thanks a lot.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Annika
    7121 posts
    22 April 2012 at 5:47:22 #835687

Hello jmanan! I think either a 3 day Swiss Saver Flexi Pass (using free travel days for day 1, day 3 and day 6) or a Swiss Half Fare Card would be a good option. If you know exactly what trips you want to make, you can calculate which one is best. Both passes would also allow free traveling or discounts for the Swiss leg of your outbound trip to Venice – that is, if you choose to travel by train. Flying from one of the airports indeed is an option too.

Lots of forum posts provide information on trips in and around Lucerne. Examples are boat trips, Rigi and Titlis. Just browse this forum for ideas. The Bernese Oberland day trip overview will help you to plan activities for day 5 (and 6).

• The thread ‘Switzerland in June 6 days’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11030 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.