Switzerland scenic train trip October 2017

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
arijit
arijit
29 posts
Jan 1, 2018 - 6:12 PM

Wish you A very happy new year and a ton of thanks to Arno,Anika, Slopewoke, Lucas and all others of Myswissalps who made my dream come true or better to say made the truth far superior to my dream. My Switzerland trip for 10 Days in last October became a great success just because of your immense help with the valuable guidelines . Beautiful is too insufficient to describe the nature in Switzerland and Swiss public transport system is just perfect to reach every nook and corner of this vast majestic beauty with very easy and affordable way. I am a rail freak and so easily quenched my thirst with so many different types of trains and scenic rail journeys . It was really a lifetime experience for us and thank you so much for this eternal gift.

Removed user
Removed user
0 posts
Jan 2, 2018 - 1:47 AM in reply to arijit

Hi arijit,

Glad you had such a wonderful trip! Thanks for expressing your appreciation for the help you received from the MySwissAlps website and forum - it's good to know that it was so useful for you :-)

Alpenrose

Arno
Arno
11354 posts
expert &
Jan 3, 2018 - 2:43 PM

Thank you for your kind wishes Arijit! And for reporting back here about your trip. Indeed Switzerland is heaven on earth for anyone who loves nature, mountains and trains. I can't get enough of it myself either.

FallTravel
FallTravel
11 posts
Jan 15, 2018 - 3:48 PM in reply to arijit

Hello Arijit,

would it be possible for you to post a copy of your itinerary’s?

Many Thanks

Lynda

arijit
arijit
29 posts
Jan 15, 2018 - 5:41 PM in reply to FallTravel

Hello Fall travel,

Here is my tour itinerary

Day 1: reached Zurich

Day 2: Zurich city tour with rheine falls

Day 3: Luzern city tour and mount Pilatus round trip

Day 4: Interlaken with Aare gorge

Day 5: Jungfraujoch round trip from Interlaken

Day 6: Interlaken to Montreux

Day 7: Montreux to Zermatt and Gornergrat round trip from Zermatt

Day 8: Zermatt to Davos Platz by Glacier Express

Day 9: Davos

Day 10 : Davos to Lugano by Bernina Express bus and train

Day 11: Lugano city tour and way back home

Thank you

Arijit

FallTravel
FallTravel
11 posts
Jan 17, 2018 - 2:14 AM in reply to arijit

Thanks for the prompt reply Arijit!

jatinsmehta
jatinsmehta
71 posts
Jun 1, 2018 - 3:10 PM in reply to arijit

Dear Arjit, can you please mention the dates of your travel in Oct as well as the weather/climate in the cities which you visited as I'm too planning in Oct this year.

Thanks

Lucas
Lucas
9601 posts
expert &
Jun 1, 2018 - 3:23 PM in reply to jatinsmehta

Hi JAtinsmehta,

For more information about weather and best times to visit Switzerland, look here:

arijit
arijit
29 posts
Jun 1, 2018 - 5:27 PM in reply to jatinsmehta

Dear Jatinsmehta

We're there in the 1st half of October(3/10- 13/10).

The weather was pretty good. Sunny day and cool night. Chilly at the mountain tops.

Hope you'll enjoy this October too in Switzerland. Though Switzerland will not disappoint you in any kind of weather .

jatinsmehta
jatinsmehta
71 posts
Jun 1, 2018 - 6:44 PM

Thanks Arjit, I didn't want to visit if it rains on any of the 8 days when I'm there, so asked you

Lucas
Lucas
9601 posts
expert &
Jun 2, 2018 - 6:56 AM in reply to jatinsmehta

Hi Jatinsmehta,

Do note that it is very possible to have rain in October here. Arijit was lucky with the sunny weather but be prepared that it could rain!

jatinsmehta
jatinsmehta
71 posts
Jun 2, 2018 - 2:52 PM

Sure Lucas, thanks for the update.

To the best of my knowledge, September & October are less rainfall months, correct?

Lucas
Lucas
9601 posts
expert &
Jun 2, 2018 - 4:04 PM in reply to jatinsmehta

Typically less rain than the summer months yes.

jatinsmehta
jatinsmehta
71 posts
Jun 2, 2018 - 6:39 PM

Being from India, we never get rainfall in summer, so it's quite strange for me.

Travelholic6
Travelholic6
40 posts
Jun 3, 2018 - 6:26 AM

We ran in some inclement weather in mid may 2018..rains and snowstorms (mild) on mountain top . But it made the trip more fun . Switzerland has more to offer in every kind of weather .All you need to do is to tweak the schedule to head to a place that has less rain then . We changed our plans to head to Titlis (on account of the weather) and headed to Leichestein and Dargahans / Mainfield and Appenzil...all of which had good weather.

Cheers

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2018