Things to do in Lucerne in November?

• Prasun09
    Participant
    65 posts
    23 September 2015 at 6:55:00 #807984

Hi arno

we are reaching lucerne on 17th nov by 2 pm in afternoon from milan. We will leave for paris by 19th morning. We have one and a half day. Pls recommend something special excursion for us. We have already decided to go for transport mueseum on 17th after reaching lucerne. Recommend us how we can spend our day on 18th nov. Since weather being a concern in nov , what are the activity we can go for in November. Money is not the problem for us, we are around 4 ppl, all men, 2 youth and 2 older ppl aged 55.

should we go for helicopter ride its costing 245 chf per person for 20 min tour of lucerne. And can we book helicopter ride after reaching lucerne so that we can assess wether its cloudy or not. Also what are the things we can do in case there is fog in the mountains???

also is the boat ride available in November???

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    23 September 2015 at 10:38:07 #846278

Dear Prasun,

I was at Lucerne for 2 days during second week of Sept.’15; I also traveled from Milan to Lucerne. I had a boat ride from FLUELEN to LUCERNE and undoubtedly this was the best part of my Swiss visit. You need to get down at Bellinzona to catch a train to Fluelen. As soon as you come out of Fluelen you can see the boat riding point. You may go to transport museum and chocolate museum on 18th if you decide not to visit any mountain peak.

hsshastry

Prasun09
    Participant
    65 posts
    23 September 2015 at 10:42:11 #846279

Hi

thanks for the tip. Regarding milan, what are the places worth visiting there and how’s the food?

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    23 September 2015 at 11:03:01 #846280

Dear Prasun,

I did not visit Milan, I traveled from Venice to Lucerne, Milan was a transfer point. I saw your another mail wherein you have raised a query about possibility of catching a train within 9 minutes gap; my personal suggestion is to avoid such hurry. European trains leave sharply as per the departure time, the coach entry and exit gate are automated. I had faced a horrible situation wherein I got into a train and the gate closed my wife and other two members were left out on the platform. In Spite of my “begging” the conductor neither allowed them to get in and nor allowed me to go out and the train left. I detrained on the next stop and my wife and others joined me by next train; it was a terrible experience.

“GourmIndia” is a very good veg. restaurant in Lucerne. If you need I can give you the address. We had been to this hotel during our stay in Lucerne, foods are tasty and rates are reasonable.

hsshastry

Prasun09
    Participant
    65 posts
    23 September 2015 at 14:15:47 #846281

Thanks hsshastry for the info. Yea I would love to have the address. May I know where did you guys stayed in lucerne. There are lots of lake and mountain facing hotels. I’m confused which one should I book for my stay. Any idea which hotel has a good breakfast buffet. I have been to few another countries and getting a veg buffet breakfast is a big problem.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    24 September 2015 at 5:56:56 #846282

Dear Prasun,

Me being a Sr. citizen (64 yrs) prefered to stay in a hotel near to Rly. station. We stayed in Hotel Drei Koenige , it is located just a km. away from Rly. station, central bus station as well as boat station. The veg. breakfast buffet is really good.

Address of the Indian veg. restaurant is:

GourmIndia, Baselstr.31, 6003 Luzern

Tel:+4141 2504343, Website- http://www.gou rmindia.com

The restaurant is just half km. from hotel Drei Koenige;

Wishing you all the best for your ensuing tour.

hsshastry

Annika
    7104 posts
    24 September 2015 at 8:32:22 #846283

Hi Prasun09,

In addition to the excellent tips you already received: personally I would not book a helicopter ride, but rather enjoy the region in a more slow pace and eco-friendly way, like a boat ride, or a trip up Mount Rigi, combined with a short walk. Our Lucerne page offers various suggestions, for bad weather as well. The glass factory in nearby Hergiswil may interest you.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    25 September 2015 at 4:19:49 #846284

lucern is a beautiful town that has all the diversity

just hop on and off take trip to mt pilatus and spend time on the top its really nice

have some local wine … u can get athe bus ride and get afeel of the locals , cable car , anither cable car that takes you up and its amazing experience hanging in the sky , coming down by the cog wheel train is thrilling with a 45 deg

steep downlhill and retrun to town by the boat anothe 45 mins of pure bliss ,, sit in the ferry restaurant and taste the local food .. and flavour … very relaxing experience and you meet so many new people ..

why would any one take a helicopter in swiss — ????

if someone is in great hurry , why go to swiss …..:(((

• The thread ‘Things to do in Lucerne in November?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.