Tickets Titlis, Schilthorn, First – refund/change?

• ERainbow
    Participant
    14 posts
    7 May 2023 at 2:56:44 #829779

Hi everyone,

I am deciding if I should get tickets for Titilis, Schilthorn, and First in advance. I want to because I don’t want to line up… but they ask for a date when I purchase online, so wondering if I can use it on a different date in case of bad weather and I need to change my plans. I couldn’t find the info on the STC website, did email them but haven’t heard back.

Thank you.

-E.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Yolanda
    2373 posts
    7 May 2023 at 6:52:15 #954163

Hello ERainbow,

For the most part, mountain tickets purchased online are for a specific date and this date can’t be changed after the purchase. Should you wish to change the date of travel due to unfavourable weather conditions, you would need to forfeit your ticket and buy a new one.

Free cancellation until 24 hours in advance is possible through most of our partners though best to check the exact conditions.

Kind regards,

Yolanda

Danielsan
    Participant
    634 posts
    7 May 2023 at 7:26:01 #954164

Hi ERainbow,

General rule of thumb is to wait until day of, to buy mountain excursion tix. Maybe day before. You can always buy them online the day of and not worry about lines. Once you buy them, you are pretty much stuck with them regardless of the weather. Not sure when you’re going, but June, July, and Aug are busier with tourists than Sept/Oct. Most, if not all, hotels have mountain cams to tell if the weather is good up top. Hoping you have a great trip.

Regards,

Danielsan

Yolanda
    2373 posts
    7 May 2023 at 15:57:04 #954165

Thank you Danielsan.

Yes, best to check the weather / mountain webcams before booking. It would definitely be a shame to head up there and not be able to enjoy the views.

Kind regards,

Yolanda

ERainbow
    Participant
    14 posts
    7 May 2023 at 20:34:42 #954166

Thanks everyone!!

hahaha I forgot that buying the day of or the night before is an option.. and that would be “in advance” XD

DanielSan – I will be going beginning of June.

• The thread ‘Tickets Titlis, Schilthorn, First – refund/change?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11060 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.