Tips about Wengen and the Jungfrau region by Kim

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    22 January 2019 at 1:45:18 #840501

Hi

Anyone can comment on cheese and chocolate making places to your around Wenger?

Thanks

Sid

rockoyster
    Participant
    8889 posts
    22 January 2019 at 21:46:41 #840502

Hello Sid and Welcome to MySwissAlps

You will stand a much better chance of getting an answer if you start a new thread with your question.

Slowpoke
    Participant
    7567 posts
    22 January 2019 at 23:01:00 #840503

G’Day Rockoyster –

<<“You will stand a much better chance of getting an answer if you start a new thread with your question.”>>

Indeed. It is also helpful to know time of travel, as you are well aware. Even though those two items should not be seasonal, there are sometimes transport issues.

Slowpoke

Danielsan
    Participant
    634 posts
    23 January 2019 at 3:55:45 #840504

Thank you Arno,

I am glad you for re-posted this , as I wanted to read it and couldn’t find it again. I printed out parts 1 and 2 and ran out of ink, and saved it so I can print out at another time. WOW!! What a beautiful “booklet”. I can only imagine the amount of time Kim must have put into this document. I haven’t even read it yet, but am looking forward to it after I leave work. Just quickly browsing through it, I can’t wait for the rest of it. Great, Great job by Kim. Thanks again for posting it.

Danielsan

Slowpoke
    Participant
    7567 posts
    23 January 2019 at 9:56:19 #840505

Hi Danielsan-

I too had trouble finding it with the new search engine.

I am told that using the keywords “Kim” and “Tips” will help.

Instead, I just book marked it. 😉

Slowpoke

Danielsan
    Participant
    634 posts
    23 January 2019 at 12:26:04 #840506

Hi Slowpoke,

Thank you for that tip, its good to know. Fortunately, I was able to download it to a computer and can now bring it up at any time.

By the way, I enjoy your posts, as they are so informative. I have gleaned so much from reading so many of the posts both you and Lucas (and so many others, as well) have answered for people. Great job, I really appreciate it. Thanks very much to you and all.

Danielsan

Micalj
    Participant
    80 posts
    24 January 2019 at 15:29:05 #840507

Hi Kim,

What a well organized very helpful and informative document! Thanks for taking the time to create it and share it here. I have Acrobat Pro and combined all three documents into one for my convenience and would be happy to post it back here with your permission. (Called switzerland-document-april-2015 combined.pdf) I did leave the blank page 49 in place as I assumed this was an intentional break separating the end of the document from the appendix. I can remove the blank page if you wish. Otherwise, I made no changes to your work.

Thanks so much again. We’ll be consulting this for our upcoming June trip!

Mike J

pkerr
    Participant
    265 posts
    24 January 2019 at 23:40:57 #840508

If it’s not linked would you be kind enough to send it to me? <removed>

Thanks

Arno
    15482 posts
    25 January 2019 at 6:54:35 #840509

Hi Mike,

The document is split in 3 parts because attachments over 1 MB are not allowed here. We may change that some time but currently that’s the limit.

Arno
    15482 posts
    25 January 2019 at 6:55:34 #840510

Hi Pkerr,

Please don’t post e-mail addresses here. Thanks!

http://www.myswissalps.com/fo rum/rules

Micalj
    Participant
    80 posts
    25 January 2019 at 16:39:39 #840511

Hi Arno,

I have optimized the PDF and removed some of the embedded fonts so that the combined document is under 900 k, so should comply with your posting limit. While this might hinder some advanced editing, just viewing the document, everything looks fine like the original, and I would think should be good with Kim as well. Let me know.

Mike J

Arno
    15482 posts
    25 January 2019 at 18:54:03 #840512

O yes, feel free to post it here then! Thanks Mike!

Micalj
    Participant
    80 posts
    25 January 2019 at 20:49:52 #840513

Sure, here it is. Kim’s 3 documents combined into one. Let me know if you see any issues.

Mike J

rockoyster
    Participant
    8889 posts
    25 January 2019 at 21:01:14 #840514

Nice one Mike. 👏👏👏

Micalj
    Participant
    80 posts
    25 January 2019 at 21:50:18 #840515

Thanks rockoyster.

I did notice that some of the URL links are broken, but I think this is due to the age of the document, and as we all know these kinds of references are subject to site mapping modification and change. But many are still alive and working.

Mike J

kim11
    Participant
    604 posts
    25 January 2019 at 21:58:22 #840516

HI all,

Thanks for your work, Mike! Much less cumbersome.

Yep, it’s an old document and a bunch of links no longer work. I have done some intermediate updating but haven’t tested all the links nor updated it 100%. But it would be great to get the revised version up in a single file.

Arno, I expect you all can access my email address then I can send the updated doc to you. Then maybe you could send it to Mike to integrate? Other ideas?

LisaW
    Participant
    1 post
    26 January 2019 at 21:13:03 #840517

Wow, what an incredible document Kim, thank you so much. I predict I will read it many times before and during our upcoming trip!

Micalj
    Participant
    80 posts
    27 January 2019 at 16:49:07 #840518

Hi Kim,

If you have already put a lot of work into updating the three separate documents, go ahead and repost them once finished, and I’ll consolidate and post the combined file, if that’s OK with the moderators — hopefully still under 1 MB.

Mike J

Danielsan
    Participant
    634 posts
    27 January 2019 at 23:51:43 #840519

HI Kim,

You may have changed my mind, in that I was not planning to go back to the Jungfrau region per se, on my next trip, but after getting maybe half-way through your booklet, I just may go back to Wengen. I was going to see other parts of the country that I missed, but you have me thinking now…….Not a problem though if it happens since I absolutely loved it there and reading your document has me recalling my stay there. What a beautiful job you did with it. If you do more of this kind of thing for other towns/village’s you could author a whole and complete travel guide book. I would buy it. I printed it out and downloaded it so I can bring it up at any time. What an incredible job. I can’t wait to finish it.

Danielsan

Arno
    15482 posts
    28 January 2019 at 10:04:02 #840520

Hi Kim,

If you e-mail your updated document to me, I will replace the old one in the first post here. That way it’s easy to find for everyone. I’ll try to post it as a single document this time, or ask Mike for help should I not succeed.

Thanks Kim!

Viewing 20 posts - 81 through 100 (of 148 total)
  • The thread ‘Tips about Wengen and the Jungfrau region by Kim’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10960 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.