3 day trip to Lucerne: tips and comments

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Peterli
    Participant
    1206 posts
    10 April 2018 at 2:48:52 #881242

Hello,

I don’t quite understand why your trip is not a separate thread, but here goes anyway:

For June 24, I would suggest a boat ride on Lake Lucerne. http://www.luzern.com/en/boat -trips

For June 25 in the PM, I would suggest going up to the nearby Harder Kulm. http://www.interlaken.ch/en/e xcursion-harder-kulm.html

rockoyster
    Participant
    8889 posts
    10 April 2018 at 2:49:32 #881243

Hello Jadesh,

You really should start a new thread under Miscellaneous with a suitable subject rather than tagging on to Oriana’s Trip report. You will stand more of a chance of getting your specific questions answered that way.

In the meantime . . . .

24 -June you will probably only have time to do some sight-seeing about the city after a trip to Titlis.

25 -June Harder Kulm or Schynigge Platte or Lake Cruise on Brienz or Thun lakes.

rockoyster
    Participant
    8889 posts
    10 April 2018 at 2:50:40 #881244

Snap!

Peterli
    Participant
    1206 posts
    10 April 2018 at 2:51:16 #881245

Hah ! Beat you by one minute !

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    10 April 2018 at 2:58:24 #881246

Hi Perterli

I am sorry, quite new to this forum, and didn’t understand how it works, Let me start the new thread with specific subject.

Jadesh

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    10 April 2018 at 3:02:02 #881247

Hi Rockoyster

Yes, you are correct about starting new thread and I will have more chances of getting answers to my specific questions. My apologies, I am quite new to this forum, will try to create it. Please ignore the repeated post of mine, I will be re-posting it to get more specific answers related to my trip.

Thanks

Jadesh

Peterli
    Participant
    1206 posts
    10 April 2018 at 3:07:03 #881248

Hello Jadesh.

Rockoyster is probably working on your question as well and so you may end up getting somewhat similar or perhaps different advice from both of us. If I were you, I would start a new thread, using a title that is appropriate to your basic situation, and see if you can copy/paste the posting you did on April 10, 2018 (today) at 2:40 AM. Both Rockoyster and I could then copy/paste the replies we made to you on this thread.

If you have other questions from earlier posts you did on this thread that remain unanswered, then put these into a follow-up post.

rockoyster
    Participant
    8889 posts
    Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    10 April 2018 at 3:23:36 #881250

Hi Peterli

Fantastic, that would be great !, Thanks to you and Rockoyster, I highly appreciate your patience and cooperation for helping me to plan my trip more meaningful. I will be creating new thread with the title “Lucerne and Interlaken 5 day Family Trip” under the forum “SWITZERLAND MISCELLANEOUS:.

Will copy my 2:40 AM. post there.

Thanks

Jadesh

Peterli
    Participant
    1206 posts
    10 April 2018 at 3:44:10 #881251

Let us know when it is done. One more post here will be our notice.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    10 April 2018 at 3:47:27 #881252

Hi Pererli and Rockoyster

It is done, and here is the link

http://www.myswissalps.com/fo rum/topic/lucerne-interlaken-5day-tripwhat-we-can-see

Thanks

Jadesh

Peterli
    Participant
    1206 posts
    10 April 2018 at 3:53:30 #881253

Looks good ! I’ve already copy/pasted my previous post from this thread.

Slowpoke
    Participant
    7567 posts
    10 April 2018 at 23:03:39 #881254

Hi Jadesh-

It would be better to post a new thread in the Miscellaneous Forum, instead of adding to someone else’s trip report. Then, you have your own thread, and is easier for others to find and follow.

Slowpoke

Oops- just caught up with the complete thread. Some of the forum menbers are very speedy. I’m a slowpoke.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    13 June 2018 at 23:46:29 #881255

Hi Oriana!

I’m in Olympia, just 4 hrs south of Vancouver! I’ve been browsing these forums the past couple weeks to gather info for our trip this August and just stumbling across your post. You would have completed your trip and back by now. Hope you and your mom had a wonderful time! I’m eyeing kind of the same spots you mentioned (AND view, cheese and chocolate are it for us too) 😉

We booked hotels in Wengen already but now I think I’d like to take 1 day trip to Luzern/Lucern. We are a family of 3 (including our 10y.o. daughter) and wondering which were most impressive of the 3 in Lucern: Pilatus, Rigi or Titlis? Would I be able to fit in 2 of the 3 or just plan on 1 of the 3…we’d leave Wengen hotel 7-8am but would like to be back before it’s dark. THANKS!

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    14 June 2018 at 11:59:04 #881256

Hi Connie,

From Wengen you could really only do 1 of those mountains but 2 could be done in a pinch. Use the Swiss railways timetable to plan it out: https://www.myswissalp s.com/timetable

I wouldn’t leave Wengen to go to Luzern just for a mountain visit. There are many mountain options around Wengen that are just as impressive and much closer to you: https://www.myswissalp s.com/jungfrauregion/a ctivities

Though Luzern is a nice town to see. If you are set on one of those 3 I’d choose Rigi for hiking options, Pilatus for the transportation options to the top (unique) and Titlis for the biggest/highest.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    14 June 2018 at 13:26:45 #881257

Thank you for your help Lucas!

Swissophile
    Participant
    26 posts
    16 June 2018 at 13:20:06 #881258

Hi Jadesh, one tip for the Pilatus trip. Go to Kriens on the no 1 bus from Luzern and do the gondola bit first. You will then find the cable car comparatively empty and if you go down on the cogwheel train early too, that should be empty too. We also found the boat from Alpnachstad was empty, too! But we saw literally hundreds of people doing the trip the other way round, which is what is usually recommended. I am writing this from the Waldstatterhof opposite the station in Luzern and agree with everyone that it is excellent. Enjoy your trip.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    19 July 2018 at 18:43:08 #881259

My family, 4 adults, were planning on doing the Mt. Titlis trip next month while we were in Lucerne. Can you tell me, after you cross the suspension bridge, do you end up at the same place – catching the 360 revolving Rotair back down? I was wondering because what if one of us don’t want to cross the bridge? Also, if you start on the bridge and change your mind, can you turn around? When you went in June, was the bride crowded?

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    21 July 2018 at 8:08:19 #881260

Hi Bailey808 and welcome to MySwissAlps!

It is described on their website here: https://www.titlis.ch/ en/activity/detail/tit lis-cliff-walk/4485/60707 – you would walk back to where you started so if some people don’t want to cross that is fine.

Viewing 19 posts - 21 through 39 (of 39 total)
  • The thread ‘3 day trip to Lucerne: tips and comments’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11060 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.