March 2014 – 01st April 2014. I fly to Zurich
    and will meet her at Geneva.
    I need some information as :
    1. How long it takes from Zurich
    airport to Geneva
    airport by train?

2. What is the earliest train from Geneva
    airport to Zurich
    airport as my return flight is around 11 AM at 01st April 2014?

3. Is it direct train from Zurich
    airport to Geneva
    airport or should I change a train? Is yes, which station should I stop and
    change to which one?

4. Is it any promo train pass that can travel (by bus, train
    or ferry) around Swizterland? I remember last Oct 2012 the first time I visited
    Swizterland, it got Swisspass buy one get one free (buy one ticket but can use
    for two person).

Thanks before

Regards,
    May

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Annika
    7103 posts
    4 March 2014 at 15:07:30 #839529

Dear May,

Thanks for your post. I will answer your questions below:

1./2./3. All trains including traveling times and where to change can be found in the timetable.

4.There is currently no 2-for-1 promotion, but there are several other promotions. They are listed at the top of the Swiss rail forum, and also in the Promotions tab at each of the rail pass pages, e.g. the Swiss Pass page. How to pick the best pass for your plans is explained here.

If you have time it would be great if you could post a trip report about your experiences once you have returned. You can win a hotel gift card by doing so.

Have a wonderful time in the Swiss Alps!

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    5 March 2014 at 3:59:54 #839530

Dear Arno,

Honestly, this is surprise visit for my daughter who will birthday on my arrival date. So I really don’t have any plan. My last trip at December 2012, I just stayed 3 nights at Swizterland and the rest 2 weeks in Italy and Europe, then 1 week at Berlin. When in Swizterland, I stayed 3 nights at Luzern but only went to Mt. Titlis only, the rest day I visited my daughter in Le Bouveret.

So, would you please help me and give me some suggestion or planning for this trip? So that I and my daughter will have an unforgetable moment 🙂

Thanks before

Regards,

May

Annika
    7103 posts
    5 March 2014 at 7:56:27 #839531

Hello May,

If you only plan to make short trips during your stay, a Swiss Card could fit your needs. It includes the trips from Zurich airport to Geneva and back for free, and you get a 50% discount on trips during your stay. Prices are listed here. You best first have a plan and then pick a pass that suits the plan, as explained on the pages I linked to in my previous post.

As for what to do: you can best review the various pages about regions and towns, like the Geneva page. That will give you a good starting point with suggestions and links to other websites. How to plan your trip is explained in detail here. If you would like a customized itinerary and have everything booked for you, that is possible as well by filling out this form.

I hope this helps you out!

Kind regards,

Annika

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    18 March 2014 at 10:08:16 #839532

Dear Annika,

Just back from Bangkok trip and got your reply. So, it means I buy Swiss Pass (Purchase option 2: Airport or border rail stations in Switzerland CHF 199.00 p.p. Swiss Card 2nd class) ? And I can travel with train for 7 days in Switzerland including trips from Zurich airport to Geneva airport round trip?

If yes, can I buy it online and print out the itinarry as it wrote “Purchase only possible at a few stations at airports and the Swiss border during opening hours.and There may be some waiting time if people are standing in line”

Thanks

Regards,
    May

Arno
    15471 posts
    18 March 2014 at 13:15:46 #839533

Hi May,

Thanks for getting back here. I am not entirely sure what your question is, because you mentioned both the Swiss Pass and the Swiss Card, which are different products. For purchase options of the Swiss Pass, just go here. Online purchase options are listed there too.

Arno

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    18 March 2014 at 14:50:19 #839534

Hi Arno,

sorry, swiss card i meant. It can use for 7 days including from Zurich airport to Geneva airport round trip?

Regards,

May

Arno
    15471 posts
    18 March 2014 at 15:20:20 #839535

Hi May,

Yes, you are right, a Swiss Card can be used like that. The round trip is free and other trips will be discounted. See here for purchase options.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    19 March 2014 at 5:51:27 #839536

Dear Arno,

I just tried to purchase but there is no option to choose for the delivery, only the price list. I would like to collect it at Zurich Airport but at the end of payment, they charge for delivery cost USD 33.88. I haven’t issued it as I need your suggestion.

Thanks again

Regards,
    May

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    19 March 2014 at 6:12:12 #839537

Hi Arno,

It’s done. But why at the end they notice “We will send out the documents as soon as possible, at the latest 2 till 3 weeks prior to your departure.” ? I read at the delivery options, airport collection in Swizterland only need 3 days. I will arrive at Zurich at 24th March 2014.

Regards,
    May

Arno
    15471 posts
    19 March 2014 at 8:37:38 #839538

Hi May,

That notification only applies to shipped rail passes, not if you collect the pass at the airport.

Enjoy your stay!

• The thread ‘Train’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.