Travelling to Switzerland in November need details

• krishna
    Participant
    2 posts
    8 November 2016 at 18:47:20 #810332

travelling to switzerland in november need details

place to go is mt titlis and zungfrauh and base is interlaken

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15484 posts
    8 November 2016 at 18:56:00 #857003

Hi Krishna, welcome to MySwissAlps!

As requested in our forum rules, it is appreciated if you do a little research yourself and then post more specific questions here in the forum. Please see the top menu and the search box (in the top as well). You will quickly find many details there.

Hope to speak to you later!

krishna
    Participant
    2 posts
    10 November 2016 at 3:43:25 #857004

Dear Team ,

I did a research but unsure what to choose. please find below my requirement and request for a suggestion

Requirement : Travel to switzerland and Paris

In switzerland – St moritz , Mount titlis/ Zungfrauh ride- I saw bernina express from milano to stmoritz via Tirano

I am unable to find a suitable option for travel from stmoritz to Interlaken where i would like to stay since it is close to engelberg from where i can either go to mount titlis or zungfrauh – Please let me know if i need to change train or is a bus in this route. If both the options are not possible please let me know another city close by which is reachable from stmoritz

Also from which city should i go paris – zurich ? which is the best time to start from zurich

Travel dates are 18 Nov evening/19 Nov morning and i have around 4-5 days for both the trips – I am ready to travel swiss or paris any thing which is the best option

Appreciate earliest response

Arno
    15484 posts
    10 November 2016 at 9:18:27 #857005

Hi Krishna,

I can’t comment on Paris that well, but it’s very different from Zurich and the rest of Switzerland. Which you’d like to visit is really a matter of personal preference. As for the Swiss portion of your trip:

• all travel connections can be found in the timetable. Mind to enter the right spelling (e.g. Jungfraujoch, not Zungfrauh). This way you can easily check all train connections for the Bernina Express trip from Tirano to St. Moritz, from St. Moritz to Interlaken and any other trip;
    • if you’re coming from Italy, it does make sense to enter Switzerland using the Bernina Express. If your trip starts in Zurich on the other hand, it’s quite a long journey south just to enjoy the Bernina Express. Focusing on the Interlaken and/or Lucerne regions makes more sense in that case;
    • Interlaken is indeed close to the Jungfraujoch, but not to Titlis. Again, the timetable will help you to check times. Lucerne would be a better base for a visit to Titlis;
    • the links I provided offer lots of information on the towns and attractions. Apart from that, our pages on how to plan your trip will be helpful. You’ll find lots of tips on how to pick suitable towns, attractions, train transfers, hotels and rail passes there.
  • The thread ‘Travelling to Switzerland in November need details’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11060 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.