Switzerland trip around October 18?

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
wongkarpui
wongkarpui
4 posts
Mar 15, 2018 - 2:46 AM

Hi everyone,

First time in the forum and would like to seek your opinion on my trip planning to Swiss at the beginning of Oct 18.

Kuala Lumpur -> Zurich -> Lausanne - stay here for 2 nights, will cover Lavaux vineyard / Lake Geneva / Gruyere cheese factory

Lausanne -> Zermatt - stay here for 3 nights, will cover Matterhorn and doing hiking within the region (route to be confirmed yet)

Zermatt -> Interlaken / Grindewald - either stay in Interlaken or Grindewald for 3 nights, cover Jungfraujoch, hiking within the region (route to be confirmed yet), cycling from Interlaken to Brienz, mountain village visit like Murren, Wengen etc

Interlaken / Grindewald -> Lucerne / Zurich - either stay in Lucerne or Zurich for 2 nights, cover Rigi, Titlis, Stanserhorn, Rhine Falls

Zurich -> Kuala Lumpur

Is the plan workable? Is the beginning of October a good time to visit these places? Anything to take note?

All comments and suggestions are welcomed.

Thanks in advance...^_^

Lucas
Lucas
10385 posts
expert &
Mar 15, 2018 - 12:27 PM in reply to wongkarpui

Hi wongkarpui and welcome to MySwissAlps!

I think that late in October isn't the best time to come. I would try to arrive earlier and perhaps leave Switzerland around the 18th (if possible).

That being said if winter doesn't come too early it can be a good time to be here. Your itinerary looks nice to me.

Personal preferences: I'd choose Montreux over Lausanne, Grindelwald over Interlaken and Lucerne over Zurich.

Be sure to check the timetable to see about travel times and connections between towns and mountain attractions & read through the available Swiss rail passes here. Be sure to read our page on how to choose the best rail pass as well. The Swiss Travel Pass is probably a good option for your trip.
Last modified on Mar 15, 2018 - 12:29 PM by Lucas
wongkarpui
wongkarpui
4 posts
Mar 16, 2018 - 3:23 AM in reply to Lucas

Lucas,

Thanks for your reply and suggestions. Will put the trip at the beginning of October and also take your advise to stay in Grindelwald, Montreux & Lucerne. Had done some reading on Montreux and noticed that it's a more lively town when compare to Lausanne.

Really many thanks~~~^_^

Lucas
Lucas
10385 posts
expert &
Mar 16, 2018 - 7:42 AM in reply to wongkarpui

Anytime! Late September/ early October can be a great time to come to Switzerland.

As you get into more detailed planning feel free to ask more questions! The Swiss railways timetable that I linked above is your best friend in Switzerland (be sure to download the SBB app as well for your phone if you plan to get a WiFi hotspot or Sim Card).

Last modified on Mar 16, 2018 - 7:43 AM by Lucas

More on MySwissAlps.com

Get a free account to plan your trip

Planning your trip is much easier with a free MySwissAlps account. Learn all about Switzerland and get in touch with us quickly if you have questions.

Learn more

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2019