Validation of Flexi Swiss pass at 6AM

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    26 March 2012 at 1:03:39 #805066

Hi, I will start using my Swiss Flexi card, starting from Leysin at early morning say 0640 hrs. I need to validate my flexi card before boarding the train. My concern is whether the rail officials are available at the small railway stations like Leysin at 0630 hrs to validate the card enabling me to start using the card for the first time? Is it possible to get it validated one day prior to the actual start of journey ?

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Olga
    Participant
    346 posts
    27 March 2012 at 8:04:28 #835355

Hello jogijsr,

I am pretty sure there will always be a member of the train personnel at smaller stations, in or around trains. If the ticket office is still closed, you can always ask them to help you out. They’re always friendly and willing to help you.

Wishing you a nice trip,

Annika
    7116 posts
    27 March 2012 at 10:48:13 #835356

Hi jogijsr! Opening hours for the Leysin railway station can be found at the SBB website. If you pass isn’t validated yet, you should do so before boarding the first train.

However, from your previous post I understand that you’ll arrive at Geneva Airport. You can also choose to have your pass validated at the airport railway station during opening hours. That doesn’t mean your first free travel date has to start right away. You can also ask the personell to fill another date at which you want to start using your Swiss Flexi Pass (I thought this would be May 5 when heading from Geneva to Leysin, which would mean you’d have to validate your pass before boarding the first train in Geneva anyway, but your plans may have changed since your previous topic).

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    28 March 2012 at 7:12:18 #835357

Hi Arno.
    Thanks for a very clear reply. In fact I am still double minded, either to start the first free day from the Geneva airport itself or to buy one way ticket from Geneva Airport for Leysin village and keep my option of using longer distances, starting free journey from 6th May. In the latter event, as suggested, by you I will validate the pass at the airport itself for its first use on 6th May and travel by buying the ticket from Geneva to Leysin.
    Once again heartiest thanks.
    Please keep helping.

antz
    Participant
    40 posts
    28 March 2012 at 11:30:29 #835358

Dear Annika,

If I reach Zurich on 15th May , can I go to Station HB for validate the Swiss flexi pass.

Can I ask for the first day of free ride on 16th May?

Look forward to your reply.

Best regards,

Sin

Annika
    7116 posts
    28 March 2012 at 13:16:04 #835359

Hello Sin. Yes, that’s possible!

antz
    Participant
    40 posts
    29 March 2012 at 7:05:45 #835360

Dear Annika,

Thank you for your assistance again.

Sin.

• The thread ‘Validation of Flexi Swiss pass at 6AM’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10980 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.