Vevey farmers market open in mid-October?

Vevey farmers market open in mid-October?

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
slothrabbit
slothrabbit
40 posts
Jul 24, 2017 - 3:31 PM

Hi! I'm planning to visit Vevey in mid October and am wondering if the farmer's market is open then, specifically on 10 October. That's a Tuesday (I'm aware they only open on Tuesdays and Saturdays). What I've found online so far is that they open during summer and it becomes a folklore market in July and August, but I'm not sure what summer constitutes. Thanks in advance!

Lucas
Lucas
6497 posts
expert &
Jul 24, 2017 - 4:17 PM in reply to slothrabbit

I checked around but couldn't find anything beyond the Folk Market ending on August 29.

Your best bet may be to email Montreux Tourism and inquiring about the Farmer's market dates.

https://www.montreuxri viera.com/en/

Lucas

Peterli
Peterli
408 posts
top member
Jul 25, 2017 - 11:32 AM in reply to slothrabbit

Bonjour Slothrabbit !

If you read French, check out the following link: www.region-du-leman.ch/fr/P1083/marc hes-folkloriques-de-vevey

I also did a screen capture of part of the page, and you can see from the attached that les Marchés Folkloriques de Vevey run from July 1 to August 26, Saturdays only, it seems, from 10 AM until 1 PM.

Please login to see the attached documents
slothrabbit
slothrabbit
40 posts
Jul 25, 2017 - 11:47 AM

Bonjour Peterli!

I took an undergraduate French course but I wouldn't say that I can read French. I wish I do though!

Thanks for your help! I managed to find the answer! They are open throughout the year apparently!

slothrabbit
slothrabbit
40 posts
Jul 25, 2017 - 11:50 AM in reply to Lucas

Hi Lucas! Thanks for your help (again!!!)! I heeded your advice and emailed a couple of people from the website you provided and region du Leman. ch

Here's the reply in case anyone else is interested too!

==

The farmer market is open all year from 7:00 to 13:00 on Tuesdays and Saturdays on the Place du Marché in Vevey.

From 12 to 15 October the Circus Knie will be installed on the Place du Marché, but don’t worry, probably the farmer’s market will be displaced just near the lake, not far away.

Lucas
Lucas
6497 posts
expert &
Jul 25, 2017 - 3:46 PM in reply to slothrabbit

Perfect!

Thanks for much for posting this information!

Peterli
Peterli
408 posts
top member
Jul 25, 2017 - 5:15 PM in reply to slothrabbit

A bit of clarification: They have "le marché traditionnel" (fruits and vegetables) from 07h00 to 13h00 and "la Brocante" (flea market) from 07h00 to 17h00 each Tuesday and Saturday.

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2018