Visiting Switzerland – 4 days Lucerne April 8th

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    5 March 2016 at 21:22:53 #808548

Hello All,

I am visiting Switzerland – Lucerne with my family – wife and 6 Year old Daughter from April 8th to 12th. this is our first time in Switzerland and last leg of our European tour.

so far i have made small itinerary for 4 days , my daugher loves snow and need some advise.

Day 1. – April 8th Friday – Arriving in Lucerne in the afternoon and old town city stroll and chappel bridge and other attractions around.

Day 2. – April 9th Saturday – i was thinking of doing Mt.Titlis – should I book a tour (eg. Viator) or is it an easy to do your own ? I am sure there will be snow at the top . if time permits a evening boat trip on Lake Lucerne.

Day 3. – April 10th Sunday – here i am bit confused ? should I do Jungfraujoch top of europe or do Mt. Pilatus ? as said my daughter loves snow and i am not sure if there will be snow on april in top of mt. Pilatus. i know the Jungfraujoch is long journey but i dont mind to take that if it is really worth it , please advise .

Day 4 – April 11th Saturday – Mt.Rigi or relax and enjoy the city and old town – I have kept Mt. Rigi on my last bucket list – should I change that – is Mt. Rigi really worth after a trip to Pilatus/titlis/jungfraujoch ?

I really need your advise and my daughter very excited about the Switzerland trip and i need to make this one as memorable one for her.

Thank you all

Jim

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Annika
    7125 posts
    6 March 2016 at 10:50:20 #849080

Hi Jim, thanks for joining MySwissAlps!

Mount Titlis will have snow. Mount Pilatus probably has snow as well, but not guaranteed. Mount Rigi is lower and very different from the others. Easy to combine with a boat trip and an easy stroll on the mountain. Stanserhorn can be reached with an open deck cable car, so you may want to look into that also. Please see the links so you can decide what’s worth it for you.

Whether you should book a tour for Mount Titlis is a personal decision. All trips in Switzerland can quite easily be done individually, but if you like the guidance, more background information and prefer not to do the planning, a tour is certainly an option. Please see http://www.viator.com/Mount-Titlis-Eternal-Snow-Half-Day-Trip-from-Lucerne/.

Jungfraujoch is very special, but it takes a lot of time from Lucerne to get there: 4h15 one way, so it requires at least 10.5 hours. That might be too much for your daughter. Please see http://www.myswissalps.com/ jungfraujoch.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    6 March 2016 at 19:39:13 #849081

Hello Annika,

Thank you for the quick reply , i have decided on titlis and kept the Jungfraujoch on hold untill i show some pictures and explaining the travel time to my daughter !!! if she says yes daddy lets do it then i am on it. thank you for the stanserhorn information. i will look in to it for sure.

thank you again and sure will trouble you again if i have some more questions..

cheers

Jim B

• The thread ‘Visiting Switzerland – 4 days Lucerne April 8th’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11070 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.