What pass should I buy before I fly out?

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    12 June 2016 at 11:58:14 #809424

Hi there,

We are needing to get a train from Zurich to Lauterbrunnen and back for two people. Also we are staying in Lauterbrunnen for 6 nights and want to get a Swiss alps train, mountain train and a few other trains around the area. I have no idea what pass to get? I was thinking only a 4 day pass though.

please help

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Annika
    7103 posts
    12 June 2016 at 15:31:31 #853009

Hi Saramc, welcome to MySwissAlps!

Here are some options to consider:

• a Swiss Transfer Ticket Combi, allowing a free trip Zurich-Lauterbrunnen and back, plus a 50% discount on trips made from Lauterbrunnen;
    • a regular Swiss Transfer Ticket for Zurich-Lauterbrunnen and back, plus a Jungfrau Travel Pass. This may work well if you plan to focus on just the Jungfrau Region and if you expect to intensively use public transportation in the Lauterbrunnen area;
    • a Regional-Pass Bernese Oberland, especially convenient if you wish to be able to cover an area larger than the immediate surroundings of Lauterbrunnen, and if you prefer ticketless traveling. Part of the inbound and outbound trips from/to Zurich will be covered if your pass is valid during those days.

If you want to make sure which pass is most economical, you need a very detailed list of plans and start calculating as explained here.

• The thread ‘What pass should I buy before I fly out?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.