Jul 7, 2012 - 3:31 AM
You have a very useful and informative website.Since this is our first trip to Europe, we have some questions on the best pass for us. Your help will be greatly appreciated.
We are planning to travel during September for 6days in Switzerland. We arrive in Frankfurt and head to Interlaken. This is the schedule.
Day 1 – Frankfurt –Interlaken
Day 2 – Interkalen - Wengen
Day 3 – Wengen – Roam around Bernese Oberland
Day 4 - Wengen – Roam around Bernese Oberland
Day 5 – Wengen – Weggis
Day 6 – Weggis (roam around weggis)
Day 7 – Weggis – Lucerne – Milan (Italy) – Rome (Italy)
1. What is the best and cheapest way to get from Frankfurt to Interlaken?
2. Which Swiss pass is best for us? As mentioned in the itinerary above, we will be travelling to Interlaken, Ringgenberg, Unterseen, Wengen, Wilderswil,and Lauterbrunnen.
3. We will be frequently travelling on the trains, cable cars, buses, cog wheel railways.
4. After Wengen we go to Weggis (5th and 6th day), where we will be using water boats a lot. So want to know if Bernese Oberland pass will be of any help there .
5. Is the Bernese Oberland pass valid in Jungfraujoch and Schilthorn or do we need to buy separate tickets for climbing these mountains?
6. Is there any pass to travel to Rome from Switzerland ?