Which Swiss Pass which I buy

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    30 March 2014 at 13:34:23 #806283

Hey,

My itinerary for my swiss trip as under

Day 1: Arrival from Amsterdam to Zurich: Visit to Rhine Fall and same day travel to lucerne

Da2: Lucerne – Mt.Titlis

Day 3 Lucerne to interlaken by trains

Day 4 Interlaken – Jungfraujoch

Day 5 Interlaken – City sight seeing

Day 6 Interlaken to Zermat by train

Day 7 Zermat – Matterhorn Glacier Paradise

Day 8 Zermat – City tour and late night departure

Please suggest which swiss train pass should i buy and is there any thing more that I can add to above with in given time.

I am travelling from 21 to 29

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Annika
    7116 posts
    30 March 2014 at 16:10:53 #839680

Hi farrukh26,

On day 3, you could get off the train in Brienz and take the boat to Interlaken from there. I would not recommend to spend day 5 in Interlaken. Interlaken offers restaurants, hotels and souvenirs shops, but there isn’t much sightseeing to do. You’d better spend your day hiking or do a different day trip in the beautiful region around town. Suggestions are here. More or less the same applies to day 8: Zermatt is a small town, so an actual city tour isn’t available, but you can do a walk around town in about an hour. Also there’s a museum. However, if the weather is fine you’d best head to the mountains. Suggestions are here.

You can purchase a 4-day Swiss Flexi Pass and use the free travel days on day 1, 3, 6 and 8. If you want to be sure of the lowest overall travel expenses: here is explained how to choose a pass.

This page with hotel suggestions for the various towns may be interesting for you as well.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    30 March 2014 at 16:54:30 #839681

Hey Thanks for such nice and quick reply.

great suggestion for the boat ride, my wife wud be very happy for this.

i forget to tell i am travelling in June with my wife and two kids one is 3 years and sec

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    30 March 2014 at 16:59:45 #839682

Second is 6 months.

i am just so confuse in buying swiss rail pass cant understand which one to buy Swiss Pass with or with out peaks, half saver or flexi.

All of these offer same discount on mountain trains ? And do the peak pass would be any additional saving for my trip(8 day swiss pass with peak)

Arno
    15483 posts
    30 March 2014 at 17:30:11 #839683

Hello farrukh26,

You can’t go wrong with an 8-day Swiss Saver Pass for you and your wife. Your child will travel along for free. All info (map of validity, how it works, prices, promotions) can be found on the Swiss Pass page. The plans you have listed are not included in the Swiss Peak Pass, see here.

Each pass has its own set of rules. If you want to be sure if another pass is better, you need to review the page about how to choose a pass that Annika gave you.

• The thread ‘Which Swiss Pass which I buy’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10980 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.