Which trains not covered by the Swiss Travel Pass

• Amundsen007
    Participant
    13 posts
    15 February 2021 at 5:35:02 #825778

When reading about the Swiss travel pass it seems some privately owned trains are not covered. What particular trains would not be covered cost wise by the Swiss travel pass to any degree which are used for popular mountain excursions? I’m having a hard time deciding which pass to buy. The Swiss half price pass or the Swiss travel pass. However it is my understanding that some places don’t cover these private trains at all. Is that true? I’m planning on spending about eight days in Switzerland. I plan to visit Mt. Rigi, Burgenstock, Schilthorn, the Matterhorn, Mt.Pilatis, Trummelbach falls, Mt.Titlis, the Skywalk, and the Jungfrau. For some of these excursions it seemed that Lucerne would be a place to stay for a base camp if you will. For the others it seems Interlocken would be a good base camp for visiting them. So my plan is to split up my time approximately equally between the two cities. Any suggestions ?

• The thread ‘Which trains not covered by the Swiss Travel Pass’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11060 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.