Which travel pass to buy- 5 day itinerary

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    26 August 2015 at 15:52:42 #807830

Hi Experts

I am traveling with my wife on 28th Aug and returning on 1st Sep. I have booked accommodation at Interlaken West. Can you check my planned 5 days Swiss Itinerary and suggest any changes. Also what type of Travel pass I should go for, considering it covers 5 days.

All Travel Time from Interlaken West and duration one way:

Day 0 : Arrive Interlaken in afternoon, explore InterlakenZurich to Interlaken by Train 2 hrs On the day you arrive in Interlaken check out the town and take evening cruise on the lake steamer on Lake Brienz. I’d skip Lake Thun on this day.Travel Time- 20 mins by Train

Day 1: Titlis Travel Time- 2 Hrs bt Train and Cable Car

Day 2: Jungfrauboch Get an early start, and on the way back down stop in Wengen, and possibly in Lauterbrunnen. You have to go through them anyway and they are too beautiful to pass up.Travel Time: 2.3 hr

Day 3 : Murren / Wengen / Grindenwald / Lauterbrunnen If you want to see Murren and maybe the Schilthorn that would be another day and if you want to cruise Lake Thun when you get back to Interlaken then you can.Travel Time 2 hrs by Train

Day 4: Leave for Zurich around 12 pm Nothing Planned for this day

Regards

Guru

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15471 posts
    27 August 2015 at 4:22:43 #845758

Hi Guru,

Thanks for your first post here! Your itinerary looks like its well thought through. A few tips:

• It’s good to be flexible and watch the weather forecast. Then pick the plan that best suits that day;
    • Note that Interlaken to the top of Mount Titlis takes 3 to 4 hours one way;
    • You can buy a 4-day Swiss Travel Pass for day 0 to 3, and buy a regular one-way ticket on day 4. This is the most convenient option as you can simply hop on and off trains/boats/etc. without buying tickets. The Swiss Half Fare Card however, might work out cheaper. You can do the math as explained here.
    Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    27 August 2015 at 12:51:08 #845759

Hi

Thanaks for your reply, would you suggest Berner Oberland Pass regional pass to me. Would that be cost effective?

Regards

Guru

Arno
    15471 posts
    27 August 2015 at 13:27:07 #845760

Hi Guru,

It didn’t come to mind as it does not include Mount Titlis (it is discounted) and part of the ride from/to Zurich is not included at all. But, most of your other plans are included, so it may actually work for you. And it’s more convenient than the Swiss Half Fare Card. You can have a look at myswissalps.com/ regionalpassberneseobe rland. All the details (prices, how it works, what’s included) can be found there. If you intend to do the math you can include this option and see how it works out.

• The thread ‘Which travel pass to buy- 5 day itinerary’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.