Zermatt in the rain - best activities?

Zermatt in the rain - best activities?

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
LincolnK
LincolnK
1 post
May 24, 2018 - 12:11 AM

I'm going to be in Zermatt next week. Two nights, but really only one full day - arrive late one night and then leave on the Glacier Express the second day.

Weather forecast is rain, but I've read that can fluctuate quite a bit.

If it is, in fact, raining the whole day, is it still worth taking the Gornergrat Railway up the mountain? Or is it a hopeless cause? I don't mind not seeing the Matterhorn if there's still fun to be had on the ride and at the upper station.

Lucas
Lucas
6369 posts
expert &
May 24, 2018 - 12:28 PM in reply to LincolnK

I'd probably go up myself. You never know how the weather will change, especially once you are up top (especially if you think the train ride would be enjoyable regardless).

Webcams for Gornergrat are your best bet before you go: https://www.zermatt.ch /en/Webcams/Gornergrat -3-089-m

If it is raining though and the Matterhorn is clouded in pretty good you may want to save your money.

Last modified on May 24, 2018 - 12:29 PM by Lucas
Peterli
Peterli
408 posts
top member
May 24, 2018 - 6:22 PM in reply to LincolnK

Hej !

Amen to Lucas' advice. And this applies to all the mountain touristic sites. Fortunately there are many webcams in Switzerland, and so you can see real-time conditions in a great number of places, and not just on the tops of mountains.

Last modified on May 24, 2018 - 6:22 PM by Peterli

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2018