Zurich Airport Tell Pass and Geneva

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    19 June 2015 at 2:55:55 #807420

Hello we aretwo adults traveling from Zurich airport to Lucerne on 5 August spent 4 nights inLucerne and then on 9 August travel to Geneva Airport. We arethinking of buying a 4 day Tell Pass to visit the area around Lucerne. I know thispass does not cover the trip from Zurich airport and then to Geneva airport. Someone was suggesting buying a ticket fromZurich to Baar because then the Tell pass cover the rest of the trip toLucerne. Should we buy a transfer ticket plus a Tell Pass or it will be betterwith a Tell Pass and 2 point-to-point-tickets?Can I buy theTell Pass in Zurich airport or do I need to order it before I get there?Thank you foryour help!

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Annika
    7104 posts
    19 June 2015 at 12:11:19 #843866

Welcome to MySwissAlps, Ana2000!

A 4 day Tell Pass is a good choice if you focus on the Lucerne area. You can best buy additional regular tickets from Zurich to Baar (that’s indeed where the Tell Pass validity starts; please refer to the Tell Pass validity overview) and from Lucerne to Geneva. That will be cheaper than a Swiss Transfer Ticket. By the way, if you don’t have to rush when traveling to Geneva, you may consider to use the Golden Pass route via Interlaken, Spiez and Gstaad. It’s more expensive than the regular route via Olten and Bern, but it’s a beautiful ride.

You can buy your Tell Pass either online in advance or in Zurich. Purchase options are explained here.

Have a wonderful stay in Lucerne!

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    19 June 2015 at 23:56:53 #843867

Thanks a lot for your help!

• The thread ‘Zurich Airport Tell Pass and Geneva’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.