Zurich – interlaken – Jungfrau

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    12 March 2013 at 5:22:56 #805855

Hi there,

I will be heading to Switzerland from 5th June to 7th June and would need your expertise on the swiss rail. We will touch down on Zurich Airport on 5th June at 0610am (13 hours of flight). We have booked our 2 nights accomodation at Interlaken and was wondering if we should take the train straight to Interlaken or should we drop by Luzern and then to Interlaken as the check in timing will only be at 1500hrs.

My internary as follows:

5th – Zurich – Luzern – Interlaken West
    6th – Junfraug – Zermat -Matterhorn
    7th – Interlaken West – Paris

My question is:

1) If we do stop by Luzern, how do we keep our luggages?

2) Should we buy the train tickets online or can we buy it when we reach the airport?

3) Which rail pass should we buy or should we just get point to point?

Thanks.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Annika
    7103 posts
    12 March 2013 at 15:36:53 #838247

Welcome to the forum! You will be able to stop at Lucerne and do some sightseeing along the shores of the lake and the town centre. You can leave your luggage in lockers at the train station if you like. Please review the timetable for all connections from Lucerne to Interlaken. This also helps to gain insight in your other trips. For example, your plans for June 6th are quite ambitious. A trip to the Jungfraujoch takes about half a day. You could get to Zermatt and back the same afternoon, but time would be too short to do some sightseeing in Zermatt. I’d rather stay in the Interlaken area and choose from the many activities there if I were you. Over all, a Swiss Half Fare Card would be a good rail pass. Details and purchase options are listed at the Swiss Half Fare Card page. You’ll have to buy additional 50% discounted tickets for your trips and you can do so before boarding at the railway stations.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    12 March 2013 at 23:32:52 #838248

hi anika,

thanks for your reply. Am i right to say that this swiss half fare card can be use for the trip up to Junfrau? I also noticed that it does not cover seat reservation. How do i make the seat reservation?

Thanks.

Arno
    15471 posts
    13 March 2013 at 1:41:38 #838249

Hello,

Yes, the Swiss Half Fare Card is valid for the Jungfrau. Just visit the page Annika suggested and download the map from there to see such details. You don’t need seat reservations except for the train to Paris. Please check this page for details.

• The thread ‘Zurich – interlaken – Jungfrau’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.