Zurich-Mt Titlis – Jungfraujoch 30MAR12 to 1APR-12

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    13 March 2012 at 9:03:51 #805025

Dear ,

I am on official trip to Zurich from 26 to 30 Mar 12.
    I am taking my wife and a son (8 years) with me.
    I will be free for sight seeing from 30Mar12 Friday evening till 1st Apr Sunday.
    Monday morning 2nd apr we need to fly back to India from Zurich.

During this 2 days I would like to visit 1) Mount Titlis and 2) Jungfarujoch.

My questions are
    1) is it possible in these 2 days?
    2) should I buy 4 day Swiss pass or buying tickets for each journey will be cheaper?

Regards

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15481 posts
    14 March 2012 at 3:08:55 #835171

Hi psqrpsqr,

If you do one mountain on Saturday and the other one on Sunday, it’s certainly doable. You could travel to Lucerne on Friday night and do the Titlis from there on Saturday. Then travel to Interlaken on Saturday night and do the Jungfrau on Sunday. Finally, back to Zurich airport on Sunday night. The timetable shows the details. A Swiss Half fare Card to get 50% discounted tickets (and free traveling for your son) would be recommendable.

Have fun!

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    14 March 2012 at 9:27:47 #835172

[quote]Arno said: Hi psqrpsqr,

If you do one mountain on Saturday and the other one on Sunday, it’s certainly doable. You could travel to Lucerne on Friday night and do the Titlis from there on Saturday. Then travel to Interlaken on Saturday night and do the Jungfrau on Sunday. Finally, back to Zurich airport on Sunday night. The timetable shows the details. A Swiss Half fare Card to get 50% discounted tickets (and free traveling for your son) would be recommendable.
    Have fun![/quote]

is it possible that we stay in zurich and travel early morning to Lucerne and then come back at night to zurich and another day travel to Interlaken?

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    14 March 2012 at 20:21:00 #835173

It’s only 1.5 hours (max) from Zurich to Lucern. And check the timetable – I think train leave every 15 mins / 30 mins. So if you can discount 4 hours a day – then yes, it’s possible to save hotel cost at Lucern.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    16 March 2012 at 3:00:54 #835174

1) What is difference between 4 day swiss pass and 4 day swiss card?
    2) What is the ticket cost for Jungfraujoch and Mount Titlis?

Annika
    7116 posts
    17 March 2012 at 4:46:14 #835175

Hello psqrpsqr. All details on the (4 day) Swiss Pass can be found at the Swiss Pass page. The Swiss Card (there’s no such thing as a 4 day Swiss Card) is explained at the Swiss Card page.

Fares for regular trains, buses and boats can be found through the timetable; this FAQ may help you too. Further information can be found at the Jungfrau railways website and the Titlis website.

• The thread ‘Zurich-Mt Titlis – Jungfraujoch 30MAR12 to 1APR-12’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10960 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.