Zurich, Zermatt, Bernese Oberland in March 2020

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    17 October 2019 at 2:23:13 #824229

Hi everyone. My friend and I (we are both in our early thirties) are planning to visit Switzerland and Austria in March 2020. It will be our first time there. We will likely spend 4 days in Switzerland and 4 days in Austria. I’ve read through a bunch of forum threads and am thinking that visiting Zermatt and Wengen may be the best best for a 4-day trip, given travel time.

I read in a previous thread that one possible travel route would be Zurich to Zermatt to Bernese Oberland.

Does anyone have suggestions as to the best way to utilize our time during these 4 days of travel? We would really like to see the Matterhorn, experience great cuisine, and possibly paraglide in Zermatt, followed by visiting Jungfrau and Kleine Schidegg in Wengen.

Any help and information would be greatly appreciated. If you have any tips or recommendations on how best to make the most of our 4 days in Switzerland, I’d greatly appreciate it. Please include any attractions, restaurants and/or activities that are a must-try in March. We were also thinking of booking a guided tour in Zermatt and Wengen, but wanted some feedback around this.

Thanks so much!

• The thread ‘Zurich, Zermatt, Bernese Oberland in March 2020’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11070 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.