How does the Jungfrau Travel Pass work?
It is quite simple: on all the lines that allow free traveling, you can just board and enjoy the ride. In other cases you need to buy a (discounted) ticket.
You need to make sure that the Jungfrau Travel Pass is valid before you make your first trip. Depending on where you purchased the pass, one of the validation (or: activation) processes below will apply:
- In most cases, you don't need to do anything. You'll find the start date, your name and a QR code on the pass. You're ready to board!
- If you have purchased a voucher, you need to exchange that for the actual pass at any staffed train station in the Jungfrau Region.
- In exceptional cases, the pass needs to be validated. This either requires a stamp from train station staff, or there are blank fields (for your name, etc.) to fill out yourself.
Jungfrau Travel Pass travel days
The travel days are consecutive. Even if you don't travel on such a day, it still counts as a travel day.
There are two types of trips:
- Trips on routes that allow free traveling. You can just board any train, bus, boat, etc. on such routes. You do not need a ticket.
- Trips on routes that allow discounted traveling. You need to arrange for a discounted ticket at the ticket office of staffed rail stations, from a ticketing machine, or online.
There are various cable cars that also allow free traveling. In such cases you may still need to get a ticket as access gates require a specific ticket type. You can get a free ticket upon presenting your Jungfrau Travel Pass.
You do not need seat reservations for traveling in the Jungfrau region. You can just board with your Jungfrau Travel Pass. If you want seat reservations, you need to arrange for them separately. Seat reservations are not included in the pass.
About train seat reservations
About bus seat reservations
On board the trains, buses, boats and cable cars
Once you're on board, you will need to present your Jungfrau Travel Pass (and the discounted ticket if applicable) to ticket controllers upon request. The controller may want to check your passport as well, to make sure you're the owner of the presented pass.