Cheap holidays in Switzerland: choose the right accommodation
No matter what type of accommodation you choose, you can always save money:
- Cheap hotels on top locations do exist!
- Comfortable chalets and apartments can be found for less money than hotels. Staying in an apartment has another equally big advantage: you can cook your own meals. This will save the costs of going out for dinner. If you search closely and book well in advance, you will be able to find affordable apartments on top locations.
- In Switzerland, camping is the most economical type of accommodation in many cases. You may require a bit more comfort than just a tent or caravan. Some camp sites rent simple cottages as well.
- Switzerland offers over fifty youth hostels, providing a fine alternative for those who are satisfied with simple accommodation. Some youth hostels are of a higher standard and allow you to book your own private room.
- You can even swap houses with a Swiss family.