Zurich airport hotels
Apartments & chalets
Suggestions for day trips:
Bernese Oberland, Jungfrau region
Graubünden, St. Moritz
Switzerland tourist forum
Streamlining my 7 day Swiss visit plan
Jul 13, 2011 07:49:44 PM
Thanks for all the tips. As per your suggestion I have finalised my itenary.
- Arriving in Basel by train from Germany(Berlin) on 20th July morning.
- 20th We are planning to see Basel just for a day: Sight seeing basel, rhine river ride. Stay at Basel.
- 21st Move to Interlaken. See inside Interlaken for a day. Stay at Interlaken.
- 22nd Visit Jungfrau, Grindewald and back. Stay at Interlaken.
- 23rd Move to Lucern via some scenic train route(suggestions welcome), seeing Lucern. Stay at Lucern.
- 24th Seeing Lucern, boat trips. Stay at Lucern.
- 25th Move to Zurich. Seeing Zurich. Stay at Zurich.
- 26th Seeing Zurich or nearby.
- Leaving for Stockholm on 26th at 20:00 hours by flight from Zurich.
We would like to know if i buy the Half fare card, wont i have to buy all city tickets for all the places and the long trains.
If i choose the 3 day card for Basel-Interlaken, Interlaken-Lucern and Lucern-Zurich, how expensive is the city tickets then.
At each destination. 20th - basel city, 22nd - Jungfrau mountain train - grindewald, 24th - Lucern boat rides, 26th - Zurich city and airport transfer. On foot travel is not much for us as for my wife as already said.
Please advice how to go ahead. The stay i booked are refundable so can adjust plans slightly.
Eagerly awaiting your suggestion.
Jul 16, 2011 03:57:19 AM
Hello Manu. Thanks for creating a new topic. If you own a
Swiss Half Fare Card
, you have to purchase 50% discounted tickets for each trip, including tickets for public transportation within cities. Ticket prices can be reviewed in the
. Both the regular and the 50% discounted prices can be displayed. Prices for the Jungfraujoch can be found at the
Jungfrau Railways website
. You'll find prices for boat trips on lake Lucerne via the link I mentioned before.
may be of help too.
Are you referring to the 3 day Swiss Flexi Pass by '3 day card'? In that case, your trips will either be for free on free travel days (except for mountain trains such as the Jungfraujoch train), or discounted on non-free travel days. Further explanation can be found at the
Swiss Flexi Pass page
I still think you're best off with a Swiss Half Fare Card, but you can calculate to be sure using the FAQ I just linked to.
edited by modannika on Jul 16, 2011
We're on Facebook now!
2002 - 2013
MySwissAlps.com is a travel guide for your summer holidays in Switzerland