Suggestions for 4 nights in Lucerne – which pass?

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    30 June 2016 at 7:48:48 #809572

Hi everyone

I am going to visit Switzerland along with my father (Zurich, Lucerne) for 5 days starting 4th July 2016. Would like to get some feedback on my tentative itinerary and some suggestions on which rail pass I should buy.

Day 1: 4th July- Reach Zurich Airport at 11:15 am. Stay for 1 night in a Hotel close to central station. can I take a direct train to central station from Airport? And should I purchase Swiss Travel pass at airport? Will it include train journey to central station as well as next day’s journey to Lucerne?

And I was thinking of going to Rhine falls this day. Will it be possible during half day trip from central station? And can I arrange this myself?

Day 2: 5th July: Early morning train to Lucerne and checkin for 4 nights at hotel close to central station here as well. How early can I take the train from Zurich central station? Do I need to buy tickets in advance and make reservations? And can I combine this day with some tours to any mountains like Titlis, Rigi, Pilatus etc? And all these train journeys will be included in the Swiss travel pass?

Day 3:6th July- Any mountain ? Not sure yet which one

Day 4: 7th July- Jungfrau visit: is it better to take a guided tour or plan it myself? And as I read, the Swiss travel pass gives 50% discount on this one, so where should I buy the tickets?

Day 5: 8th July: Not planned yet. Should I include some scenic train trip?

Day 6: 9th July- have a flight from Zurich at 17:25. So will the direct train from Lucerne to Zurich will be included in Swiss pass? And is it possible to do something on this day in first half in Lucerne as the flight is in the evening?

Thanks in Advance 🙂

• The thread ‘Suggestions for 4 nights in Lucerne – which pass?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10970 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.