Swiss Transfer Ticket
The Swiss Transfer Ticket is most suitable for people who stay in a single resort during their holidays and do not travel from there. A Swiss Transfer Ticket includes a round trip from the airport or the Swiss border to your resort in Switzerland. The ticket is a convenient solution for most winter sport holidays: just combine a Swiss Transfer Ticket with a local ski pass to cover all your transportation needs. The Swiss Transfer Ticket is valid for nearly all trains, including special trains such as the Glacier Express, Bernina Express, Heidi Express and Mont Blanc Express. The same applies to bus services: the Swiss Transfer Ticket is valid for about all buses. On some special routes however, a surcharge (Alpine Ticket) or a seat reservation is required.
View other Swiss rail passes
Swiss Transfer Ticket features
- a round trip from the airport or the Swiss border to any resort in Switzerland.
Overview of the network on which the Swiss Transfer Ticket is valid © SBB;
- also valid on several lines in surrounding countries: Basel - EuroAirport (France), Martigny - Chamonix Mont Blanc (France), Brig - Domodossola (Italy) - Locarno via the Centovalli railway, Lugano - Chiavenna (Italy) - St. Moritz, Lugano - Tirano (Italy), Zernez - Malles (Italy), Buchs/Sargans - Liechtenstein - Feldkirch (Austria);
- the maximum validity is one month. The validity ends after your return trip;
- each trip needs to be completed in one day and you have to use the most direct route. The quickest, most obvious route can be found using the timetable;
- your return trip may start from another location than the one you started from;
- your return trip may end at another border station or airport than the one you started from;
- travelling by train, bus and boat;
- various discounts on guided city tours in Basel, Bern, Geneva, Lausanne, Lucerne, Schaffhausen and Zürich;
- various discounts at several hotel chains, including Swiss Premium Hotels, Swiss Backpackers and Minotel;
- with the STS Family Card, children, stepchildren and foster children from 6 up to and including 15 years old travel for free if accompanied by at least one of their parents. The STS Family Card can be supplied with your order for free;
- a 50% discount applies on Swiss Transfer Tickets for children from 6 up to and including 15 years old who are not accompanied by either of their parents;
- children up to and including 5 years old (family and non-family) travel for free if accompanied by an adult, unless you want to reserve seats for them in special trains, such as the Glacier Express. This applies to a maximum of 4 children per adult.
Not included in the Swiss Transfer Ticket
Please note that services not listed above are not necessarily included in the pass. If you need any services that are not included in the Swiss Transfer Ticket, please review the alternative rail passes.
Is the Swiss Transfer Ticket not exactly what you are looking for? The following rail passes might fit your needs:
How to purchase a Swiss Transfer Ticket
- Prices and purchase options for the Swiss Transfer Ticket can be found in the upper right corner of this page;
- The Swiss Transfer Ticket can not be purchased by residents of Switzerland and Liechtenstein;
- When you purchase a Swiss Transfer Ticket, you need to posses the passport or identity document that you will take along while travelling. A separate passport photo is not required.
More about the Swiss Transfer Ticket
Where to buy your Swiss Transfer Ticket