15 days May: itinerary check, which scenic ride, Zermatt, best pass

• Raz22
    Participant
    2 posts
    21 April 2024 at 18:45:49 #1436679

Hi everyone, it is my first time headed to Switzerland in mid late May this year with my elderly parents. I know it is not the ideal time to visit Switzerland, but my schedule only allows for an impromptu trip. I have down a research and roughly an idea of what to visit and have listed down below in a list as such but am still conflicted on many stuffs.  Nothing has been booked yet except for the flight so my plans are flexible, would love to hear your thoughts and feedback and also help on optimizing the trip. Am in a dilemma on whether to get the Swiss Travel pass or to get a HFC + BORP.. and also would love suggestions on where to hike in the Interlaken area too.

Day 1 & 2- Land in Zurich in the around breakfast timing. Head to Lucerne, visit Mt Pilatus and a bunch.

Day 3 & 4- Take the cruise and head towards Italy via Gotthard panorama express. Stay in Milan for 2 nights visiting Como & Milan.

Day 5 – Milan to Zermatt?

Day 6-8 – Base in Montreaux, visit Lausanne, Montreax, Geneva and Lavaux vineyards from there.

Day 9-12 Take the Golden Pass to Interlaken where i’ll stay at Lauterbrunnen. Plans to visit Schilthorn, Jungfrauyoch and also perhaps do a hike somewhere in the region but am unsure where would be a nice place with scenic view as most places would be closed still.

Day 13-15 Back to Zurich. Visit Appenzell, Bern and a bit of Zurich before returning home.

-With Milan / Como should i instead go via Bernina express or by Gotthard?

-As for Zermatt, Is there anything to see or do here given this time of the year? I really would like to see the Matterhorn, or should i head to Montreaux instead and take a train from there to see the Matterhorn at Zermatt for a day trip?

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11170 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.