5 days in Grindelwald – travelling with a car and senior parent

• surana
    Participant
    1 post
    6 May 2024 at 11:54:04 #1497300

I am planning to travel by car in mid May with my 77 years old mother & family member to Grindelwald for 4 nights / 5 days, due to the mountain’s natural beauty there.

My mother can’t walk very long, just 1 km is ok for them and the rest need the next 30 minutes. ( she has already 1 stern in his heart and few medical issues)

Can you advise, what is the best place to go with less walking?

She can enjoy his Swiss tour.Jungfrau Region (Interlaken, Grindelwald, Lauterbrunnen, Mürren, Wengen), to explore more areas of the Bernese Oberland.

** Also advise train journeys and the best possible value ticket to buy / pass buying.

** Also advice about car journeys, where we can go to cover a maximum of all points in 4 days.

** Also advice one boat trips with beauty of nature where to where.

** Also advice one railway with nature beauty where to where and best price deal to buy ticket now.

** I have my own car, driving is not a big problem for me during long days.

so, with your advice, I can make better planning.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11400 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.