Glacier Express seat reservation for children with Swiss Family Card

• Pretty
    Participant
    1 post
    6 May 2024 at 20:38:44 #1501220

Hello,I am trying to book 1st class tickets on the Glacier express from Zermatt to St.mortis.We are a Family group of 7pax ( 5 adults & 2 children – 9 year & 12 Year old).We have purchased a 2nd class Swiss Travel Pass for all for 15 days in which we got a family card for my 2 children as both parents are Travelling.

Question 1 :What should I choose in the drop down box of options I get while booking a seat for my children in Glacier express where I only pay for reservation ?As I understand, parents with Swiss Travel pass their children Travel free with a Family card. If i choose an option child 6-15.9 yrs. It’s asking me to Pay half price which is around 185 CHF !!! Reservation should only cost 49CHF    Question 2 :Also can I reserve a seat in 1st class when I hold a 2nd class Swiss Travel pass ?

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11390 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.