Bad weather Lucerne/Jungfrau area: visit mountains, other day trips?

• kkarthik72
    Participant
    10 posts
    28 April 2024 at 10:09:04 #1466610

Hello all,

Thank you for all the answers and suggestions so far. This group has been my lifesaver in this Swiss travel preparation. I am here for some last minute confusion. I am reaching Swiss tomorrow. I have planned to visit Mount Titlis either on Tuesday/Wednesday and Jungraujoch on Thursday/Friday.

I am looking at the webcams at both the sites and until yesterday, the weather is very bad in the alps. It’s almost covered in mist and clouds and the visibility is very poor. I am really confused if I can make it to both the alps next week. I have 2 doubts please:

1. I am really confused how should I predict whether I can go/not go to Titlis and Jungraujoch seeing the weather forecasts. Even though the activities/cable cars are open, I feel it will be bad to go there only to see clouds and mist and not enjoying it. Should I see the temperature in the forecast? Or the wind gusts? Or the previous day web cam footage? What parameter should be seen to decide if it is worth to going to the top? (if it helps, I will go with 5 year old kid)
    2. If it happens that I cannot visit both these places, then can someone suggest alternate day itinerary for these days. Is there any other alp that I can cover instead of these 2 but I wonder if all alps in the region will have same weather.  Below is my itinerary, could someone suggest alternatives please for the 2 days (Titlis and Jungraujoch). Thank you so much for all your support!Day 1: Arrive Luzern and roam around Day 2: Mount Titlis Day 3: Mount Rigi + Luzern boating Day 4: Interlaken Village day tour (Wengen) Day 5: Jungraujoch Day 6: Rhine falls and Lindt chocolate Museum

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11320 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.