2 weeks itinerary – Zurich, Lucerne, Zermatt, Montreux, Interlaken

• AmyH
    Participant
    12 posts
    27 April 2024 at 17:58:48 #1466582

Hello,

Thanks so much for all of your helpful tips as we have been planning our trip.  I would appreciate an itinerary check.  My husband and I will be traveling from the US and we are active 57 and 62 year olds.  We plan to purchase a Swiss Travel Pass when we arrive at airport in Zurich.  I have reservations for all the scenic train rides.

May 2 we arrive in Zurich at 10:35am.  We will take train to Luzern. Plan to do a town walk and see bridges and maybe do bike ride along the lake.  Staying in Airbnb.

May 3 Mount Rigi Day trip and stay the night in Luzern.We plan to take boat to Vitznau, then cogwheel train up to Rigi Kulm.  And do some hiking.

May 4 Go to Luzern Farmers Market in the morning. Gotthard Panorama Express to Lugano.  Departs at 11:12 and arrives in Lugano 4:41pm. Take a walk around town or along the lakeside or Olive trail. Staying in Airbnb.

May 5  Bernina Express to St Moritz.  Staying at Hotel Chesa Languard at Via Veglia 14.  Considered stopping along train ride but it seems a lot of things are closed on Sunday.  Will likely stay on Bernina Express to St Moritz arriving 15:45.  Might stop at Diavolezza and then take standard train.  Or could do Piz Nair in St Moritz when we arrive.

May 6 Glacier Express to Zermatt arrives 5:10pm. Staying at House Theodul at 18 Brantschenhaus. Staying 2 nights.

May 7 Gornergrat. Hike.  If weather is great and time permits may do Glacier Paradise as well.

May 8 Train to Montreux.  Stying in Airbnb.  Ride boat to Chateau de Chillon.  If time permits visit Lausanne.

May 9 Golden Pass to Interlaken OST and then staying 3 nights at Airbnb in Wilderswil.  And 2 nights at Airbnb in Gimmelwald.  Looking forward to hiking.  Depends on weather and conditions. Options we are considering while there are:

Schilthorn and brunch at Piz Gloria ( have reservation for May 13.)

Lauterbrunnen Valley walk on cloudy day or bike ride.

Day trip to Lake Oeschinen and Blausee.

North Face Trail hike from Murren.

Boat trip on Lake Brienz and walk from Gliessbach to Iseltwald.  Harder Kulm.

Boat rip on Lake Thun.  Hike in Niederhorn.

May 14 depart Gimmelwald and take train to Bern.  Spend time exploring the city.  Stay in Airbnb.

May 15 train to Zurich Airport for departure.

Thanks for taking the time to read this and I would appreciate any input!

Amy

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11300 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.