We are 4 adults traveling from the United States to Zurich in June, 2016. Based on your input in previous posts, I have created an itinerary. Please review and let me know if you have better recommendations. We plan to purchase the 8-consecutive day Swiss Travel Pass. We spent 4 wonderful days in Wengen in September, 2015 with your help. Thank you for sharing your expert advice.
- 6/11 – Arrive in Zurich Airport at 3 pm. Take train from Zurich to Andermatt. From Annika’s link to the timetable, I see that there is a train leaving Zurich Airport at 5:47 pm reaching Andermatt at 8:30. Is this a direct train or are there changes?
- 6/12 – Andermatt to Chur – Glacier Express (should we travel on to Davos to see more scenery and take the regular train back to Chur?) Will the Glacier Express allow passengers to board in Andermatt? The timetable shows that the Glacier Express leaves Andermatt at 10:59.
- 6/12 – Stay in Chur
- 6/13 – Bernina Express from Chur to Tirano, bus to Lugano (then to Varenna?. Or is it better to stay in Lugano and take a day trip to Varenna and Lake Como?)
- 6/13, 6/14 – Stay in Varenna or Lugano – which would you recommend?
- 6/15 – Train to Zermatt
- 6/15, 6/16, 6/17 – Stay in Zermatt. Activities in Zermatt. Take train to Gornergrut. Hike Riffelberg to Rotenbergen or Riffelsee to Sunnega – which would you recommend?
- 6/18 – Train to Zurich
- 6/19 – return to United States
- The thread ‘Please review 10-day itinerary for June, 2016’ is closed to new replies.