Report on our visit to Luzern in August

• Rgcrcl1234
    Participant
    18 posts
    13 August 2018 at 21:34:09 #817861

Annika, Arno & Lucas, we just returned from our trip to Luzern and it was magnificent, more so than I ever dreamed possible. Such a beautiful country you have..and after having first visited Germany it was a pleasant to be greeted by friendly, smiling, and helpful locals!

The weather was not as clear as we had hoped; we had rain upon arrival and the next day was cloudy, so we didn’t make it to Mt Titlis since we were there only a few days. Instead, we enjoyed the local flavor of Luzern, dodging raindrops when necessary, rented a paddle boat for the lake, and finally on Saturday, the day of our departure, we made the trek to Mt Rigi, via steamboat. It was a marvelous day and a wonderful end to our Luzern visit!!

I want to thank you all, Annika, Arno & Lucas, for all of your information regarding the rail systems, how to evaluate cost comparisons, the weather, etc.. If you had not prepared me to be flexible because of the ever-changing weather, I would have purchased passes to include activities which we were unfortunately unable to include on this trip to Switzerland. And you have amazing patience answering the same forum questions over and over again!

I am already looking forward to the future and a return to your beautiful country. I am envious! If you ever have an opportunity to visit sunny Florida, please be sure to send me a note… I would love to reciprocate your hospitality.

Mit viel Respekt…RL

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    14 August 2018 at 7:23:53 #894131

Hi RL and thanks for the report!

Always helpful for future visitors to the site. Hopefully you’ll get back to see more of Switzerland and the weather will cooperate more for you.

I’ll keep your offer in mind if I ever get to Florida 😉 I’ve always wanted to make a road trip through the Southern US. 🙂

• The thread ‘Report on our visit to Luzern in August’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11120 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.