Win a $100 travel voucher with your 2023 Switzerland trip report

• Arno
    15484 posts
    10 December 2023 at 13:15:46 #987029

Hi everyone,

It’s time to look back at 2023. Did you visit Switzerland and haven’t submitted a trip report yet? Or will you be visiting this month? This is the time to share your experience. We’ll give away a $100 travel voucher to one of the trip report authors.

Here’s how to enter the giveaway:

1. Submit your 2023 trip report here in the forum, before 10 January 2023: https://www.myswissalps.com/community/forum/trip-reports/.
    2. Include at least 750 words and 5 of your best photos.
    3. Share your tips for other travelers: what did you like, dislike, or what will you do differently next time?

The winner will receive a $100 voucher to spend at https://www.getyourguide.com. They offer activities, entrance tickets, and travel passes for Switzerland and many other countries.

Good news for everyone who submitted a trip report from July 1: if your report matches the above criteria, you’ll be part of the giveaway automatically.

Note that submitting multiple reports doesn’t increase your chance of winning.

Happy writing!

• Docvikrant
    Participant
    13 posts
    19 December 2023 at 12:32:45 #1011198

“My travel diary to the heaven on this earth “

So it gives me so much of joy to pen down something which is taking me to the best memory lane and that to in the most recent ones of my visit to the most favourite place of mine in this universe which is Switzerland 🇨🇭

This was my 6th trip and second with family ,they had visited it partly for 2 weeks in 2015

So it’s me and my wife and children 15/11 years old who all been to Switzerland in April end of 2023 for around 2 weeks

This time I wanted my family to enjoy Switzerland like a local ,obviously since I was visiting for the 6 th time ,I had to visit few of the places which I had been before ,but seriously I didn’t mind it at all

We decided to stay put at one place

We flew Mumbai (India) to Zurich and stayed in most amazing apartment at Spiez called as Ankerplatz

*While in Spiez *

One day  we visited spiez castle and boat ride to lake brienz ,roam around brienz and lovely quaint Iseltwald ,ate at a serene lake facing restaurant got back to spiez

One day we spent at amazing erlenbach im Simmental ,soaked in their traditional culture ,lovely painted houses with cute flower strips

One day we visited Gstadd , and from there went to lovely quaint town Saanen ,took a horse carriage ride ,From there come back to spiez

One day at lovely Neissen we thoroughly enjoyed the mountain village ,incredible views of alps ,great snow fun and sumptuous lunch on the mountain top ,came back to our apartment,took rest for a bit and then evening spent time at Aarey River town Thun

One day we took a train to Brienz and then bus to Ballenberg open air museum,what an amazing place to take us back in centuries ,kids had super fun ,later train to interlaken ,walk on the busy happening street

Early Dinner and got back to spiez

Another lovely day was for Wengen and and Lauterbrunnen ,we took a f train from spiez to Lauterbrunnen ,then we took cycles and did cycling from Lauterbrunnen to trummelbach falls and experiences amazing waterfalls and what great views to remember for rest of our lives ,and then train to Wengen to experience a cute car free village and after that came back to spiez

One day we satisfied our adrenaline and did  Grindelwald for its adventure activities and the famous cliff walk

One day we did Bettmeralp and took our beginners ski lessons ,fell down umpteen no of times but it was a great experience

One day we did another unforgettable trip to a place which makes a picture perfect village ,may be fairy tale village town ,kandersteg and we did a memorable walk to lake oschinesee ,

unfortunately couldn’t experience the best mountain coaster due to snow and got back to spiez in the evening

One day we visited Zermatt and Matterhorn

One day we visited Glacier 3000 and the famous suspended bridge

Then we took a train to Schaffhausen and stayed there for 2 nights

*While in Schaffhausen*

One day we experienced Shaffhausen

And One day we revisited my favourite village Stein am Rhein and did Rhine falls too

And then we flew back to India.

Anna
    6390 posts
    19 December 2023 at 15:00:49 #1011218

Hi DocVikrant,

Thank you for your submission.

To qualify for the giveaway, and to make sure people can find you report, please post it as a new thread in the trip report section here: https://www.myswissalps.com/community/forum/trip-reports/

regards,

Anna

Arno
    15484 posts
    12 January 2024 at 7:19:01 #1060625

Many thanks to everyone who participated! Trip reports are always a joy to read. Traveljet is the winner of the voucher. I’ll be in touch via e-mail.

Annika
    7125 posts
    13 January 2024 at 11:20:15 #1061655

Congratulations traveljet! I hope you’ll enjoy the voucher, and thanks once more for your trip reports.

• The thread ‘Win a $100 travel voucher with your 2023 Switzerland trip report’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11090 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.