Let me list my itinerary and give you reasons as to why i did them .
Friday 12th Aug ::::
- Catching a evening train from Paris . Departure 6:30 pm .. arrival 11:50 pm to Interlaken . ( Already booked - reason : My wife will be working on Friday and hence we won't be able to travel earlier in the day. Also , if i start my journey on Saturday , i would lose half a day ) - I booked Paris to Interlaken cause this is the only direct train available. Considering the fact that , we both have very limited knowledge about Europe , i felt it is a safe bet . I would have booked ticket to Lucern had there been a direct train from Paris. Anyways, this booking is complete now )
- Since the train arrives at Interlaken midnight , i wasn't sure about catching another late train to Lucern . Imagine me roaming around an unknown city in early morning to check-in to a hotel . Hence i booked a hotel yesterday , which is 400 meters from Interlaken Ost. I could walk to the hotel . Take good rest there. Have informed them that i would be arriving late at night and to make necessary arrangements.
Saturday 13th Aug ::::
- In Interlaken , i haven't decided my itinerary yet . I had read in a post earlier ,that a cable car ride to Gimmewald is scenic. But haven't decided anything yet . Not interested in fast food places / souvenir shops. There are 2 lakes
on either side of Interlaken. I need your suggestions on what i could do from Saturday early morning until evening . ( Brienz, and from there to Ballenberg to the Open Air museum ) . I could consider this option. Jungfraujoch and the
Schilthorn are ruled out considering my budget and time constraint.
- Planning to take a noon train back to Lucern and resting there . I read that the train ride is blissful and memorable- Purchase TELL pass .. Hop on to the train and get down in Brienz .. spend one hour .. and then hop on to the train and land in Lungern.. spend one hour and again hop on to the train and reach lucerne.
- What will i benefit from this Tell Pass ? Is this better compared to a 4 day Swiss Travel Pass or a Swiss Half Fare Card ? Request your inputs on this )
- I will be staying in Lucern . Booking through AirBnB ( haven't yet done , will be doing it today ) Booking for 2 nights.
Sunday 14th August :::
- Pilatus / Titlis / Rigi / Stanserhorn. . I will make a visit to one of the mountains on Sunday .. Starting early morning . Maybe to start with Pilatus and return back by late afternoon. I need suggestions as to what next i could do
till late evening.
Saturday 15th August ::::
- On Monday morning , we will be traveling to another mountain peak , thinking about Titlis .. or anything else that you could suggest .. Returning back by noon 2 pm or so and then some other site visit .. Here too, i would need your suggestion on what i could cover.
- There are trains leaving to Basel every hour . I have a bus booking on FlixBus and the bus departs from Basel central station at 22:15 and arrives in Paris at 7 in the morning.
- So , i could consider departing Lucerne at around 6 pm in the evening towards Basel.
- I am aware certain things aren't planned well . But consider my budget travel with such a short notice , this is the best , i could come up with. Any suggestions from you to tune by trip is welcome. I would highly appreciate it.
- My budget for 2 is around 1600 Euros.
- Train from paris to Interlaken ( 260 ) , Stay in Interlaken ( 220 ) , Pass : Either of 3 day TELL pass / 4 day Swiss Travel Pass / a Swiss Half Fare Card ( Roughly 500 ) , Stay in Lucerne ( 270 ) , Train to Basel from Lucerne ( 66 ), FlixBus from Basel to Paris ( 60 ) . Total 1400 + Food