Jul 9, 2022 - 4:31 AM
I have a few questions trying to decide what pass to get. We will be 3 days in the Bernese Oberland area and then the rest of the time we will be in Geneva but plan to do day trips to annecy and Chamonix from geneva. I was thinking of getting the Bernese Oberland pass. What I am wondering is this....
1. The bernese oberland pass says its area reaches almost to the far side of lake geneva, so how do you figure out how much your train ticket will cost from Gemeva to Wengen if you have the Bernese Oberland pass? Im assuming once you enter a "paid for area"its free or is that not how it works?
2. Does it make any sense to buy the swiss travel 1/2 price pass along with the bernese oberland pass. It looks like the bernese oberland pass is discounted to 150 dollars is you have the 1/2 price pass and the 1/2 price pass is 120 dollars. Where the regular price for the bernese oberland is 230 so If my train ticket round trip from geneva is more than 40 dollars then I would break even? Or am I confused ? Also since we are planning on going to Chamonix we can use the 1/2 price pass on that as well?
3. Is the 1/2 price pass only good for the train To Chamonix or can it also be used on the bus?
4. Does the 1/2 price pass work at all to annecy?(I know it's france)
5. Also, I had read that you get a free travel pass for transportation in geneva from your hotel while in geneva. Is there anything that the 1/2price pass would discount in geneva that would make it more worthwhile to purchase?
6. Or am i just confused about everything ?